cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to completely disable the increasing ringtone?

Journeyman

Is it possible to completely disable the increasing ringtone?

Using the Sprint LG G2 running 4.4.2.  I want my ringtone at maximum volume the instant it starts playing.  From my own research, I believe it to be a function of Android, and I'm searching for a way to disable the "feature" without the use of a third party app.  (I've also seen some rather clueless "support" staff for various manufacturers try to claim it as a "safety feature" put in place by the manufacturer, but I'm fairly convinced it's specific to the Android version, and not any make or model.)

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Is it possible to completely disable the increasing ringtone?

Hello Desirsar-,

Hello! To change the setting for volume should be in ringer settings or sound settings. Unfortunately, KitKat cannot be removed from the phone.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Any chance of getting a reply from actual technical staff and not a note-card-reading "Sprint Social Care" person?

I know where the ringer and volume settings are.

I was not asking to downgrade the Android version (and, actually, a factory reset would put its Android version below KitKat, so your response is wrong, regardless of whether it was relevant.)

Edit - Random side notes (that probably won't help.)  The device is a replacement for a dropped device of the same model.  When I got the original device in December of 2013, it did not do the increasing ringtone thing.  When I upgraded to KitKat (though I've read that previous versions of Android also did this), it still didn't do the increasing ringtone thing.  When I broke and replaced the device, I installed all updates before changing any settings, installing any apps, or syncing the contacts and other data.  If It's possible to avoid the increasing ringtone by doing a factory reset, then changing a specific setting on the device before installing updates, I would be willing to do that.  It seems that the "feature" is still controlled by a setting, but the settings UI in the current version do not display or affect the correct setting.  I'd probably be willing to learn a language and develop an app just for toggling this setting (as opposed to the existing Disable Increasing Ringtone app, which has to be running all the time.)

Master

Desirsar-:

Does this happen all of the time in varying environments (quiet, noisy) or only when there is a bit of ambient noise?

Is the currently selected ringtone one that came with the device or one you've downloaded? If you change the ringtone to another does it still ascend the ringtone?

Jon H.
Wizard

I don't know if this will help, but try an app called Criticall in Google Play. It increases the call volume for certain contacts do, maybe it can be used to override all contacts. If not, I would try asking over at XDA Developers forums. I agree that the SprintCare reps are lacking at anything above basic information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In your phone ring settings, disable smart ring.  I am not sure if that will stop that situation, (I cannot access mine at this time... due to a busted screen) but that is in the description of that setting.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat