cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the in-call volume on your G2 low?

Journeyman

Is the in-call volume on your G2 low?

Is it lower than most phones, as well as the speaker? Just making sure it is not exclusive to mine....

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is the in-call volume on your G2 low?

I do think that was one of the things a lot of reviews said about it. That the speaker is a bit weak.

Master

Thanks, FrustratedinEdwardsville for helping!

Snowdroid, did that address your concern?

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same phone with the same issue.  The drastic decrease in volume happened when I migrated to Android 4.4.2

the issue is pretty well documented in blogs across the internet.

the only way to fix is do downgrade back to 4.3 or 4.2, or upgrade to lollipop, or swap out the file in the phone that determines volume settings.  ALL OF THESE SOLUTION REQUIRE YOU TO ROOT THE PHONE.

I have had my phone 6 months.  Sprints response is I am basically S.O.L.

Corporate Sprint says take it to a service center.

The service center says it's not a hardware issue, it's an android (software) issue.

Bottom line is some programmer screwed up the volume setting, and it got released and is causing problems for some LG G2 phones.

Sprint shows no record of a planned fix.  Sprint has told me there is no way to fix my phone and they will not replace it

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat