cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to keep the g2 from deleting emails on the server when I delete them on the handset?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a way to keep the g2 from deleting emails on the server when I delete them on the handset?

Is there an app, client, or whatever that will keep my lg g2 from deleting emails from the server for my imap accounts?  Can't seem to find a listing for a setting on the native client or any mention of an email app or client for android that won't pillage the server every time I delete something on the handset.  I don't have to deal with exchange at the moment, but a new contract next month has all sorts of rules about emails and they won't be happy if I delete something off the server that needs to be tracked simply because this phone has a limit of how many emails it can handle.  this is my first android phone, and it's looking to be my last if I can't find an actual email client or app that works.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Is there a way to keep the g2 from deleting emails on the server when I delete them on the handset?

apAidan,

Thank you for posting. Who is your e-mail provider? Have you checked your setting on your e-mail account? I'm here to help!

*Brittney Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Is there a way to keep the g2 from deleting emails on the server when I delete them on the handset?

Thanks for replying.  It's AT&T, which means it's yahoo unfortunately.  I looked at the settings on the email account and couldn't find anything that would prevent that.  I suppose part of the problem is that I just moved from a blackberry and the client asks if you want to delete from handset, server, or both while this one just deletes.  Very frustrating.  Again, thank you for replying and hopefully you can point me towards something that will do what I'm looking for.  Or actually, not do in this case.

Master

apAidan Thank you for reaching out to us. Let's add additional email accounts to your phone using your original info from the Yahoo mail client, and configure it for POP3, NOT IMAP. When your server config is synced, you will have to re-delete old emails to get your account "current", now you will be able to clear emails on your phone without losing them on your home PC. Keep me posted. Khalid Sprint Social Care.
Journeyman

Thanks very much, I greatly appreciate it.

It's not taking the messages from teh server.  I should have known better, letting the phone configure the accounts was too easy.

Again, thanks for the help

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat