cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with voice calls on LG G2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issue with voice calls on LG G2

I've been having an issue with 2 separate LG G2 phones for at least the past 6 months. During voice calls, my voice will often drop and the other party will no longer be able to hear me. I can still hear them perfectly, but they can't hear anything I say. Sometimes, after a minute or two, my voice will be audible again. I never lose the other person's voice and can always still hear them perfectly.

I have called tech support, chatted online with tech support, and brought my phone to a repair center. Phone/chat usually refreshes my phone on the network and temporarily fixes it (for a few hours maybe). The repair center thought it might be an issue with the microphone on the phone, but there was no issue that they could find. Nobody has ever been able to fix it. I recently exchanged my phone due to an unrelated issue with the touch screen, and I still have the exact same problem on the new G2.

I live in zip code 75080 but this happens whether I'm at home, elsewhere in the Dallas area, or traveling outside the state. Given this has happened on two separate phones of the same model, I assume this has to be a problem with either the network or with many G2s. I'm very frustrated as this has happened during a job interview, as well as with other important phone calls. I've been with Sprint for 13 years but I'm seriously considering going to another carrier as soon as I'm able because this issue continues and nobody can fix it. Any assistance would be great.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Issue with voice calls on LG G2

Do you have  the "Ok Google" detection from any screen turned on?  This seems to be the culprit, at least on some LG G2's.  Turn that off and see if it fixes the problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the tip - the OK Google detection from any screen was not activated, so that can't be it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been contacting Sprint for the last several weeks regarding issues with my LG2 phone.  After visiting the Sprint store and speaking with Sprint customer service so many times that they owe me a paycheck, I have discovered that LG2 is one of the worst phones ever produced. Instead of Sprint holding the manufactures responsible they are allowing their customers to suffer. I am still paying for a phone that works poorly and I have decided to seek out a carrier that will pay off my phone. I will never be a LG  or Sprint customer again.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat