ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KITKAT ISSUES...ALL G2s

Journeyman

KITKAT ISSUES...ALL G2s

I discovered the following out. Kitkat is bad for the G2, in many ways. Sprint admits this is A KNOWN SOFTWARE ISSUE FOR ALL G2s that are running Kitkat. Today I got mine exchanged for an out of the box g2 running Jelly Bean. I advise you all to do the same. Do update to Kitkat. Get your new phone and be smart about it. Don't allow the Spark update. Don't allow the Kitkat update. And your G2 will be as prime as it's meant to be.

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: KITKAT ISSUES...ALL G2s

I'm not having any issues with the update. And, no I don't work for Sprint. Only thing I can think of is I did a total wipe after the update. Wondering if that fixes issues for people.

Also, the towers in my area have been updated in the past few months, so I'm wondering if that's the issue.

Journeyman

Not a problem with my updats!

Journeyman

I agree! My G2 immediately started having issues once I got the kitkat update. For those with the update, check your APPS. Go to system settings, apps, then slide right to "all"....check the dates listed--do most of the LG and Google apps state "1/21/1970"???? Mine does!!! Plus my "Knock ON" stopped working and the screen has a horizontal section towards the upper section that is no longer responsive...

Look at my discussion "Knock-On, Screen Unresponsive, and 1970 errors?"

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat