cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KitKat Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

KitKat Update

Any word on when to expect the update.  I am still waiting.  4/4  1:30pm eastern time.

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Master

Re: KitKat Update

mlbogo2:

The updates started being pushed two days ago. They are being done in waves. Hang tight, it's on the way.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought the update started on Monday? How long before it is pushed to all of the lg g2 phones?

Highlighted
Master

Qubdaba:

Unfortunately, we do not have a time frame by which all current LG G2 holders will have the updates pushed to them.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife recieved her update Monday. I'm still waiting. We got our phones at the same time but they are going by serial number.... i check for updates multiple times a day. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Master

bmbaker2k5 Each person will receive the update at different times because it is over the air. * Robtisha Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Still waiting too, makes no sense

Highlighted
Journeyman

Aren't these updates sent out as files just like any other of the billions of files that Sprint deals with on a daily basis? If so, what is so hard about making the update available to download to everyone at the same time? That doesn't just go for Sprint, but for any coorperation that sends out updates like this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Makes sense to sent it out to a few phoned at a time. If there were an unknown glitch then it wouldn't effect everyone all at once.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know, do you have to have a Gmail account associated with the phone to receive the OTA update ? I ask only because I have a brand new LG G2 that I will be unlocking and taking to South America this fall, I don't want to sync contacts and the like to the phone from my Gmail account, since I will be giving the phone to someone in Ecuador as a present....

Thanks ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to Settings>apps>all and look for Google Framework Services and tap it. Hit clear data. Then go back to Settings. Scroll to the bottom and hit updates and tap check for update. If it doesn't find the update then repeat the steps I mentioned. This HAS helpped a lot of others get the update. Keep trying if it doesn't work right away as it took me 17 trys, others a few tries.

Highlighted
Journeyman

u mean google service framework & thx it worked for me

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat