Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG 2 - Kit Kat Bluetooth Problem

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LG 2 - Kit Kat Bluetooth Problem

Bluetooth not working in Volvo XC90 after Kit Kat update, also having sporadic network data issues.  Does Sprint intend to address these issues? If the customers have total care insurance, will Sprint upgrade the user’s phone to another compatible phone, even when the customer is out of the device upgrade cycle?   In the future, allowing users to downgrade to pervious working software updates would help reduce customer complaints and problems, thus increasing Sprint revenue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

FIX: To fix this issue I had to visit a Sprint Authorized Repair Shop to have them look at the issue. They suggested LG 2 is no longer compatible with Volvo XC90 2014 since the Kit Kat update. The technician entered notes into the Sprint system suggesting that I try a different manufacture such as SAMSUNG or get a new LG 2 phone but don't update to Kit Kat until the issue is fixed. I called Sprint to possibly receive a new LG 2 phone and it wasn’t until after they read the notes from the repair technician they agreed to send me a new phone. They refused to believe me when I stated more than once that my phone is no longer working with my car.  I was lucky; the LG 2 phone arrived in 3 days and still had the older software load. Once again my phone works with my Volvo XC90 2014.  I will not update to Kit Kat until the bluetooth issue is solved.

So, the fix is to have Sprint send you a new LG 2 phone and don't update to Kit Kat.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

sunmicrosystems,

I'd like to look into this for you. Can you please describe what exactly you are experiencing with Bluetooth? Also, what are the data issues you are experiencing since the update? Any details you can provide will be very helpful. If a phone is defective, Asurion (our insurance provider) will replace the phone with a comparable model (the same model, typically).

Thanks!

*John R.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You shouldnt have upgraded. Kit Kat is problematic for anyone updating to it. If your phone comes with kit kat? Youre not going to have any/as much issues.

For people that dont have issues? They probably dont use the features enough to bump into the problem or theyre lucky the other device is compatible.

But, try deleting your phone profile from the car if, your car saves your phone. Also delete the car profile from the phone. Turn off and turn on everything. Try connecting again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can connect via Bluetooth with the car but phone calls, voice mail or music will not work. I also tried what "BATMANX35" suggested and had no luck. Like I said, before the Kit Kat upgrade everything worked.  Also, Asurion do not cover software (Bluetooth) issues. I tried everything from going to a Sprint repair shop to being shuffled around within Sprint technical support. Recently I visited the Volvo dealership and was told the internal Bluetooth software in the car can't be upgraded. I was able to pair another phone that doesn't have the Kit Kat update via Bluetooth with my Volvo and everything worked.

Since I can't downgrade to the previous version, is Sprint willing to allow me to upgrade to a new phone that is compatible with Volvo at no cost?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree but had no choice. I tried what you suggest multiple times with no luck.   Thanks for the advice.

Highlighted
Master

sunmicrosystems,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. I definitely understand the importance and convenience of having the Bluetooth technology pairing with your phone and car. We can certainly look into this for you. Please private message (PM) 'SprintCare', please include your phone number, PIN and/or security answer, and a link to this post.

Alexes
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I private messaged "SprintCare" days ago and haven't heard anything.

Highlighted
Master

I've been through the PM box and I apologize, I'm not seeing it.  As you've been unsuccessful with that method, my team also answers emails if you care to send one to SprintCares@sprint.com.  We'll need your phone number and a description of the issue to get started (or a link to this thread is fine as well), we'll look to see what options are available to help.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

FIX: To fix this issue I had to visit a Sprint Authorized Repair Shop to have them look at the issue. They suggested LG 2 is no longer compatible with Volvo XC90 2014 since the Kit Kat update. The technician entered notes into the Sprint system suggesting that I try a different manufacture such as SAMSUNG or get a new LG 2 phone but don't update to Kit Kat until the issue is fixed. I called Sprint to possibly receive a new LG 2 phone and it wasn’t until after they read the notes from the repair technician they agreed to send me a new phone. They refused to believe me when I stated more than once that my phone is no longer working with my car.  I was lucky; the LG 2 phone arrived in 3 days and still had the older software load. Once again my phone works with my Volvo XC90 2014.  I will not update to Kit Kat until the bluetooth issue is solved.

So, the fix is to have Sprint send you a new LG 2 phone and don't update to Kit Kat.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat