cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 GPS issues

Master

Re: LG G2 GPS issues

rattlehead91

Have you brought the phone to a service store to have it checked out? Based on the issues you are experiencing I am not sure that we can provide you with the best support online. I suggest taking that device into a service and repair center and have them run a diagnostic on the equipment.

- Clyde
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have and was told simply that the cache was too full. The fix (clearing cache) did not work.

I've used GPS Status to clear cache and download AGPS data and it doesn't help.

Master

rattlehead91, What error message are you receiving? Are you using the maps app? Let me know. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not receiving any error message - the phone simply takes a very long time to lock onto the satellites and I get the "GPS Signal Lost" voice notificaiton while using Maps frequently while moving or staying still.

Master

rattlehead91 - If you have taken the device into the Service and Repair Center and the problem still exists, you will have to perform a master reset on the device. - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is a known issue & has been for 6+ months. My first G2 had to be replaced after 10 months due to the digitizer going bad (another known issue). I've had this one for 3 months and it's a raving piece of [inappropriate word removed]. It's quite apparent LG has no intentions of fixing any of these problems. I travel quite a bit & rely heavily on the GPS. I am so tired of having to replace my phone every few months over issues the manufacturers are well aware of but refuse to fix. As much as it pains me, I'm switching to the iPhone as soon as possible.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Wizard

Before you make a dumb mistake and go to Apple, did you try a factory reset? I did that when I got the KitKat update and the GPS issues have never happened to me.

Journeyman

Yep, full wipe from the hidden menu. Twice. It's only gotten worse.

Master

Jasaa

We understand your concern. You may have to bring the phone to our repair store to have it check out. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm in the same exact boat. I have an LG G2 in the Allentown, PA area, and my GPS hasn't worked for over 2 months now. It'll find my location, then lose it 2 minutes later, then consistently only be able to widdle down my location to within 5 square miles.

Sprint, how/when will you fix this?

Master

jdematt

We understand your concern about the GPS on the phone. Please send us a private message to see what we could do about your issue, http://bit.ly/1qQty1X .

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello All,

I'm also having this issue with the GPS not locking on. The last time I used the GPS was a while back, and it worked fine. However, it was not working as expected, when I was in Hawaii early this Dec 2014. The GPS would not lock on most of the time. My wife has the exact LG G2 but with AT&T, and hers locked on immediately after turning on location. It was extremely frustrating! We ended up using her phone for all our navigation, since mine was pretty much unreliable. This is the reason why my wife and I decided to not get plan with a single mobile carrier.

After I came back to the US mainland, I thought the GPS would work, but it's far worse. It's now consistently unable to lock on, when the GPS location is enabled. So I'm unable to use the GPS on my phone at all now. If I have to travel by myself and in need of a GPS, I'm screwed!

I've taken my device into the Sprint office, and the technician said she can't do anything to fix this, and suggests I call LG customer service. All she could do is collect few info and update ticket in DB to track. Sprint has got to do better than this and own this problem. This is definitely not a LG phone or software issue, but rather Sprint issue.

Someone from Sprint, please help get this fix soon!! There're enough folks out there with problem, it's not isolated any more.

I want to be loyal to Sprint, but man Sprint is making it really tough.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat