cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 GPS issues

Master

Re: LG G2 GPS issues

roamingchicken,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your GPS. What troubleshooting steps have you tried to get this issue resolved? Please let me know.

- Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've tried turning on GPS location on my G2 and launch GPS apps, such as google map, and wait for the GPS to lock on. Of course, this is done outdoor or inside my car. The GPS location remains grayed out for over 20 mins. Sometimes, it would voice "GPS signal lost". So I gave up. I've done this at various out door location in different cities, with same results. Whenever possible, I would compare with my wife's LG G2 (AT&T), and hers worked always and quick too.

So, I took it to the Sprint office and explained the problem. The Sprint tech took my and and quickly looked up for info and gave it back. She showed me the search from google indicating others have also experienced the same and showed me this discussion forum.

Other than this, I've made sure my phone has LTE and wi-fi enabled along with the GPS location.

Journeyman

Sprint needs to acknowledge the LG G2 GPS locking issue already!

We have had four (4) LG G2 phones already in the last year....ALL with the same issue!

Journeyman

I too am experiencing this issue with my g2. This is my second one through a replacement from my insurance.  I suspect this must be related to hardware. I've never had this issue with my iPhone 4s and yes my g2 is set appropriately (high accuracy mode, data on,  etc.) it is really a shame because I love this phone. In my line of business gps is a must. What are my options? I don't have another 200 dollars to pluck down on an upgrade. Can I request a similar model phone as replacement?

Journeyman

Good luck with your issues, it is an uphill battle with no end in sight.

I was told by a Sprint representative that I could get a comparable model, but I needed to go into the store and go through the evaluation path. After 2 hours in the store and about 4 to 5 hours on the phone with Sprint, I was told that was not an option...."There is no comparable phone".

I am trying toughing it out until my contract is up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly, I ended up buying a LG G3 off of ebay and selling my G2.  I couldn't take the issues with the GPS any longer, as well as knowing Sprint would do nothing to help with the issue.

Journeyman

Sprint should replace the G2s with a G3, especially if you have the insurance. For the amount of money and time wasted, I could have bought the G3. It seems as if they don't want to retain customers with good CS!

Master

alwein66 - I apologize for any inconveniences you may have incurred. Has your phone updated to the latest software update? - TatianaSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, all four of my phones were updated. The Sprint techs even verified it. It is time for Sprint to acknowledge the issue....look at this thread! The ONLY fix at this point is to replace the phone with a newer model! Please?!

Wizard

I occasionally have this problem but the grand majority of the time my GPS works just fine. The only thing I can think of is wipe your phone.

Journeyman

alwein666, I completely agree with you that Sprint doesn't want to keep their customers. This was working before, and now it's not. So it's definitely due to software update, which Sprint rolled out. How long do we have to wait for the fix...another 6 months or until our contract runs out? That just makes us customer even more angry and bitter and probably will not stay with or go back to Sprint again.

This is Sprint's fault, and it should fix this problem immediately, if it can't fix the problem right away, offer replacement or phone upgrade of the G2 with a G3 (contract renewed), as you've mentioned. Make these customers happy, so they'd stay with Sprint.

Again, we went on a skiing trip and had to completely relied on my wife's LG G2 phone (with AT&T service) for navigation and location based searches of local things to do. It's extremely frustrating.

Sprint, stop apologizing and start doing something!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Katt50, I'll give that a try as I'm sick of the problem and need to do something, because Sprint won't do it.

Do I need to take my device to a Sprint office to do it, or is there a howto link that I could follow?

Which software/app did you used to back up all you're data?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Btw, I don't know if you've notice, but in the past, when I turn on GPS location, google always popup a dialog asking to agree or disagree on location service/terms. These days, I don't see that coming anymore. Maybe, this has something to do with the GPS issue. Has anyone observed this?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat