cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 GPS issues

Journeyman

LG G2 GPS issues

Hi Folks, I know this has been asked time and time again since the KitKat release, but, does anyone know when they are going to fix this GPS issue?  I went to Boston this weekend and almost ended up in an accident because the GPS wouldn't lock properly and it was giving me incorrect directions.

I love this phone, but it almost ended up out my window as I got lost because of it.  WHEN will Sprint release a fix for the very KNOWN GPS issue?  If it is not going to be soon, I want to be able to replace it with something that DOES work.  I pay almost 300 bucks a month for my phones, and it is pretty sad that I'm almost killed because someone screwed up the phone's ability to have a working GPS.

Tags (2)
96 REPLIES 96
Master

Re: LG G2 GPS issues

Steve-Santinelli,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance. I know it's frustrating when there is an issue, but if it's not something that widespread, the manufacturers may slate a fix for it when the do a software release, but won't produce a bug fix right away. In the meantime, you may also reach out to LG for support in this matter: http://www.lg.com/us/support. I completely understand as a consumer that this is really frustrating when a fix takes a long time to come out when something is broken. You might also try a different application for GPS, such as Google maps. If you're using that app, you can download a tool called GPS Test, it's by Chartcross LTD. and can be found at the play store. This will show you basic satellite information only, so you'll be able to see if the phone is pinging off of the satellites. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

EVERYONE is having GPS problems with the G2 ever since the update.  It has nothing to do with your location or cross street.  The satellites are in the SKY, not on the cell towers. (Granted I imagine the software IS using the cell tower information to get a better location).

I sent my phone back because apparently with the last update, the screen stopped knocking ON, and the GPS wouldn't work.  They sent it back saying they fixed the screen.  Put it back on my account today, and GPS is all over the place still.

I'm thinking a class action suit is coming up here, I don't want money I want a WORKING GPS on what I consider to be one of the best phones I've ever had.

This thing completely blows away the S5 I bought to hold me over while the G2 got fixed, BUT AT LEAST THE S5 could tell me where I was!!!

I almost DIED because of the poor GPS on this phone, trying to use Google Maps in downtown Boston, it had me drifting everywhere, and tried to get me to take the wrong way on a one way street!

LG, FIX THE FRIGGIN GPS SOFTWARE NOW!!!!

Journeyman

For the record that post was destined for a different post, then realized I had a post about the GPS as well....

Journeyman

I have the same boat with you. My GPS started to keep losing signals after ZVD updates. It is tricky since the GPS module works some time. I contacted LG USA, they created a repair RA# for me. However, they couldn't offer a replacement phone like Google. I should buy a Nexus 5 from Google Store instead of this LG G2 last year.

According to LG customer service, I couldn't get a new device from them before shipping my device to them, that is, I have to buy a new phone for 2 or 3 weeks. That is not customer friendly oriented. I will never buy a product from LG again.

I am not sure if Sprint could give me a replacement device for temperate use during the repair handing. Could you, Sprint?

Master

wuyiL,

It's possible. We would have to look at your account to see if you qualify for a replacement. In the mean time you can take your device into a Sprint store and have your device looked at. Private message us, follow this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to see how.

Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Steve.......Do not feel that you are alone in Boston with this issue. I have been fighting and getting the run around from Sprint for the last few weeks for the exact same thing in Chicago. I have spent more hours on hold, in the store and have been given 'bad information' more times than I care to discuss.

They admit there is an issue, but will only offer to replace with the exact same phone....that doesn't help. I was told by a rep if I go into a store they could offer me a comparable model......That was apparently not true. They told me they could not negotiate the early upgrade fee.....Not true. They said I could only get a replacement in the stores......again not true. BTW.....If they tell you they are going to call you back, you have about a 25% chance of receiving a call.

If I made this many 'errors' at my job, I would be unemployed!

Good luck!

Master

alwein666, Thanks for posting. Sorry that you feel this way. Are you still having issues with the device? Have you tried contacting the manufacture? Let us know. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have problems with GPS while on LTE. It never knows where I am. It's in the area but not locked in to my location.

Master

SNIEZG01 – Do you experience any problems with GPS while on 3G or does this problems only happen while on LTE? –AJ Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the gps issue whether I am on 3g, or LTE.... 

Journeyman

My issues on 3G or 4g LTE as well. It is better when I am on my home wifi network.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat