Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 GPS issues

Highlighted
Master

Re: LG G2 GPS issues

PartimusPrime,
Purchasing insurance is to benefit you. It enables you to get your device replaced for much cheaper than the price of buying another device at store price. It covers mechanical failure, and many other issues. It's to cover you in your time of need. - Tiara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Again, it's not Sprint's fault if you didn't get insurance. Any carrier is going to tell you the same thing. And all major carriers have the same crappie insurance.

Highlighted
Master

Katt50,
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help. - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Again, the device will get fixed by LG under warranty. It would not have cost Sprint anything to help with getting my device fixed. To make the process easier, other than just saying "Well, you haven't been giving us $11 a month so we can't do anything for you. Good luck dealing with LG." I mean, you'd think that being a customer for close to 10 years would mean something. But fine, OK, I get it, no insurance means no fix.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

a class action lawsuit against sprint for a update that is pushed from LG? their phone their issue to fix..all sprint can do is work with them to try and get it resolved..but its still up to LG to actually get it done

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The GPS issue exists because of the upgrade to 4.4, because not only did it happen on my LG G2, but also my Note 2.

Hopefully, others with the same problem can get it fixed, I gave up, sold the G2 and got a G3.  Although bigger than the G2, it works well.  Oh and the GPS works. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

lol yah i kind of figured..wont be the first nor last time a OTA botches something up with a device lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Steve-Santinelli, I'm sorry to hear it never got resolved on your previous device. Hope you're enjoying your new G3!

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

I truly agree with you on all your points but that's how Asurion, which covers all of the major carriers works. It's not just a Sprint issue.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

correct..the other carriers use the same people..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hear you. I have the exact same Issue. I was on a work trip, and the GPS was working pretty good. While on travel, an update was pushed to my phone, immediately after that the GPS was crap. When you are in a different state that you are not familiar with all that well, it's extremely frustrating.

Continuously looses GPS signal within google maps. I've tried different map programs such as waze, scout, etc. I've tried GPS status and tool.

I've had my wives iphone and my phone both do GPS navigation side by side, and never once did my wives iphone loose GPS signal.

It's extremely frustrating issue. I'm at the point where I'm just going to switch over to t-mobile just so I can get a different type of phone, and let T-mobile pay to break my contract. Never again will I get an LG.

Highlighted
Master

Hello Katt50,

Thank you for your post! Asurion is a separate company from Sprint and they have their own rules and regulations. Have a great day!

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat