cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 GPS issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG G2 GPS issues

I have had nothing but problems since I got this stulid phone. I travel for work and have gotten lost in North Carolina, which I live in Ky. I went to best buy where I got the phone and it costs $150 to turn it in for the insurance, I paid less than that for the phone. This phone is horrible. My husband has the lg g3 and it works fine. I want a new phone, but its not time for an upgrade... so disappointed.

Highlighted
Master

elisarosemond - I know how frustrating this can be. What's going on? Are you having service issues? Please let us know, we're here to help. - Shari
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This has been an issue since I got it in March. I use my phone for Internet, phone, games and GPS. GPS is the only thing not working. I am beyond frustrated and want to buy a separate GPS so I have reliable service. Its too dangerous to travel without reliable GPS. How had this issue been resolved for others?

Highlighted
Master

elisarosemond - I know how frustrating this is for you. Have you tried updating the data profile on your device using the Sprint Zone app? - Shari
Highlighted
Journeyman

No. I just went there and it I get a warning that says unfortunately Sprint Zone has stopped. I turned off my phone for several minutes and it still does not work.

Highlighted
Master

elisarosemond,

Wow! I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm going to suggest some steps for you to try. First, ensure that your in a Sprint coverage area. On your device dial, ##72786#. Once the device restarts, it will search for updates and install them. After it completes, go to Settings>System Updates>Update Profile. Once the profile updates, go into Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode. Verify that it's on LTE/CDMA, and monitor it for about 10 minutes. The next time you use the GPS, you can check for performance changes. Please keep me post on your results.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue, I have let my GPS load for over an hour and it still didn't work. Using a different GPS app does't work either. The ONLY time it does work is when I'm using wifi, at my house. I'm sick of paying for a phone that everyone is having the same problem with!

Highlighted
Master

MeghanKittyPrey

Sorry to hear about this and I'd like to look into this with you. What forms of troubleshooting have you done?

- Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is an interesting read from the Verizon forum on their LG G2 GPS issues

Verizon LG G2 GPS Fix Solution - Pg. 2 | Verizon LG G2 | XDA Forums

Seems that someone may have identified the GPS issue that everyone seems to be having that neither LG or service provider could!  Please take note Sprint and help your subscribers that bought this fabulous device!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Verizon post I mentioned above is on to something. The Sprint G2 is a little different internally, but with some detective work I figured out what they were referring to.

I can't say the GPS is now perfect, but it is SO much better than it has ever been on the four different G2s we have had.

SPRINT - Take note and help your customers....This is a device issue!

Highlighted
Wizard

This issue finally happened to me in the past few weeks. A wipe did not fix the issue. I really don't use my phone that much for GPS so it's not a major issue for me. I am using Here Beta, which allows you to download maps has a backup because it's not totally dependable right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm a huge fan of Here Maps.  Since it is now out of beta, it really outshines Google Maps, especially with offline voice navigation.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat