cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 Knock On not working after latest Sprint ID update

Journeyman

LG G2 Knock On not working after latest Sprint ID update

Sprint ID was pushed to my phone today and after the auto-install was complete the G2 Knock On feature stopped working! The Knock Off feature works fine, however. I've had this phone only a couple of months, and it came from a corporate store. Verrry irritating! :'(

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: LG G2 Knock On not working after latest Sprint ID update

I got the update for the third time this morning and I'm not having that problem. Have you tried deleting the pack and rebooting?

Journeyman

Oh, I should try that.... what is the process for deleting the pack? I've uninstalled/disabled several of the Sprint ID apps that were pushed to my phone, but I have no idea how many others were added. : (

Wizard

Well, I was told by Sprint this morning that you must have a ID pack on your phone because it's required by LG. They also claimed that all G2 have them and if I went to another carrier I would find out that all carriers have it. I think I'm not loved.

And I have a friend with a G2 on T-Mobile and he has nothing like it...

Too many lies but seems to be normal in customer service these days.

Master

Katt's suggestion is a good place to start, theBigCat, from the Home screen, select the ID icon> n the Choose your ID screen pres the Menu button and select Manage > In the Content by ID section, select the pack(s) to remove.  In the Summary screen press Remove.  From the Remove ID warning press Remove.  I'd then reboot and let us know if it worked.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

BE CAREFUL WITH UPDATES!!!!

My G2 immediately started having issues once I got the kitkat update. For those with the update, check your APPS. Go to system settings, apps, then slide right to "all"....check the dates listed--do most of the LG and Google apps state "1/21/1970"???? Mine does!!! Plus my "Knock ON" stopped working and the screen has a horizontal section towards the upper section that is no longer responsive...

Look at my discussion "Knock-On, Screen Unresponsive, and 1970 errors?"

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat