cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 Lolllipop Update

Journeyman

LG G2 Lolllipop Update

My son received his update yesterday and it looks really cool. My husband and I also have the G2 but neither of us have received the update. We have turned our phones off regularly and manually updated but still no update...how long is this going to take?!?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: LG G2 Lolllipop Update

I haven't gotten it either, despite hearing from just about every other website that quite a few people have received the update by now. It is randomly distributed to G2's by serial number as each day goes on, but that is strange if your son has gotten it and you guys have not. Really the only thing you can do without tinkering with your phone (rooting it, etc.)is to be patient until the update hits your device. I'm just as curious as you are, because I really want the update too. Until then good luck.

Journeyman

Thanks! Good advice!

Journeyman

I actually didn't get my update either, when my husband did. I ended up doing a phone reboot, and then the update showed up and I was able to update it.

Journeyman

I received my update overnight, looks like Sprint is pushing out the updates more quickly now. I don't have any problems with the updates even though I have a encrypted phone because of corporate communications.

Journeyman

Don't take the update. I just did and I'm having a lot of issues now.

Journeyman

is it battery life? Performance? Try a factory reset if you haven't already, that is supposed to help. Just be sure to back up your files

Journeyman

I just did the system update on my phone. And now it has a constant error coming up.. 'the process android.process.media has stopped.' I am about to got to the Sprint store. Does anyone know another fix? (besides factory reset) I already lost my music files and pictures from the update. I'd rather not lose anything else.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat