cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 Quick Slide - Another Innovation in Multi Tasking

Sprint Product Ambassador

This is the age of the big phones. All flagships that launched this year were around 5" or more and rightly so, content consumers want a bigger screen to watch their favorite videos in HD, read their eBooks and the like. Also, the specs on these big guys rival some of our current or last gen laptops in speed. So why not make them capable of multi-tasking like a PC would?

Now let me clear something up. I am not talking about card-style multi tasking where you can flip between apps quickly and seamlessly. This is about using 2 apps at once! One could argue, why would you want to do tha to on a mobile device, but one could also argue, if you have the screen real estate, why wouldn't you? So I thought why not showcase the implementation by LG.

IF you want to get familiar with Samsung's approach, a blog post on Sprint Community sums it up nicely, however Samsung calls is either Multi-View or Multi-Window depending on the device model.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/496822

So to start, I would like to clarify another thing about QSlide. Initialy in the Optimus G, QSlide was limited to just the video player so you could watch video and do other things at the same time. In the G2, they have expanded the ability to more apps, such as: Video, Phone, Calendar, Email, Memo, Voice Mate, File Manager and Calculator. They all can be accessed from the notifications panel as QSlide has its own section of apps. You can also remove some of the apps if you want to conserve space, but you wouldn't need to.

1-Screenshot_2013-12-11-14-07-16.jpg3-Screenshot_2013-12-11-14-07-10.jpg

Verizon (Yes Verizon ) has a very nice video about the functionality in the link below (sorry no embedded support here). QSlide allows you to work with or consume content from 3 apps at the same time. And it lets you change the transparency of the app so you can look behind at the main screen or another app that is covering the whole screen. Check out the video for more info.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/videogallery/device-videos/lg/g2-v2-qslide.html

LG Also has a very nice interactive demo of the Video app with Qslide below:

LG G2: A Phone Inspired By You | LG USA

Well, low and behold, All you need to do is click on the apps you want, arrange them on your screen or resize them, just like WINDOWS! You can also adjust the transparency of the window to make it easier to view (see below) and viola! You are done!

2-Screenshot_2013-12-11-14-08-06.jpg

I hope this allows you, the readers, to take advantage of this amazing feature and make it a part of your daily lives, I know it has improved my interaction with the device greatly. Thanks.

- Your Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles