cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 Smartphone Pre-order Begins Oct. 11

Wizard

LG G2 Smartphone Pre-order Begins Oct. 11

LG G2 will be available for $199.99 with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade (excluding taxes and surcharges). New and existing customers can pre-order LG G2 beginning Friday, Oct. 11, at www.sprint.com/lgg2. All consumers who take advantage of the online pre-order will receive a free Quick Window case ($49.99 value) with the G2 device.

The first U.S. smartphone to launch with the new Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor, LG G2 is remarkably thin and light and features a massive 5.2-inch, 1080p IPS LCD display. Along with a processor as powerful as those in many laptops, LG G2 provides features that maximize on-screen multitasking with the simultaneous use of multiple apps. LG G2 is also equipped with 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback that reproduces studio-like sound quality and a 13-megapixel Full HD camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), giving users the ability to capture crystal clear images while in motion.

“In addition to an impressive lineup of smart features, LG G2’s innovative design makes it a stand-out device in the current mobile marketplace,” said James Fishler, senior vice president-Marketing, LG Electronics USA. “Equipped with a single rear key that controls multiple functions of the device and gives users a nearly edge-to-edge viewing experience on a 5.2-inch HD IPS display, LG G2 is the ultimate example of intelligent features meeting intuitive design.”

LG G2 brings to users an unprecedented smartphone experience and helpful customization features such as:

KnockON – instead of hitting a power button, tap twice on the display to wake the G2; Answer Me, will automatically answers calls when you put the phone to your ear.

Slide Aside – allows users to do a three-finger gesture to "slide" open apps off the screen for multitasking.

Text Link – another interesting idea, where the phone takes relevant text and inserts embeddable links to them in other apps.

Guest Mode – also known as ‘Kid Mode,’ which allows another user to access the phone by drawing a different gesture on the lock screen with a secondary unlock pattern3.

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: LG G2 Smartphone Pre-order Begins Oct. 11

This looks like an amazing phone. Why are we getting it a month after everyone else?

Journeyman

It might even be 2 months after everyone because oct 11th is only the preorder date. It might not release till November, I think it bs how much sprint is lagging behind with their releases of phones like the g2 , galaxy mega, galaxy note 3. I am seriously considering to start switching my lines over to other carriers that paired with the customer support or lack of it in the past months its getting to be too much. I think the biggest reason that they aren't releasing any new phones in September or October is because they paid apple a lot to get the iPhone and they dont want any phones to interfere with the iPhone 5s which is to be announced tommorow and out by the 20th of September but that is only a rumored date. As I have said on other post sprint cannot afford to release phones that much later than the other carriers. The phones today are only supported with updates for 6 months to a year and the hardware is dated after 6 months also so releasing a phone one to two months behind other carriers is a severe handicap. Look at the galaxy s4 for example its hardware is already dated and only came out like 5 months ago and the previous galaxy s3 is already done getting offical updates

Journeyman

Good points all. I really don't understand why Sprint is getting everything late these days. I noticed that the Moto X appeared out of the blue on the web site with no fanfare whatsoever. We're getting near Boost Mobile territory now. Unless the Sprint version of the G2 is markedly different than the version everyone else is getting, this is worrying.

Journeyman

This phone might have tri-band LTE (800, 1900, 2500).  I would like to see Sprint confirm this.

Journeyman

If it doesn't have tri band LTE than it would be a disappointment to release it so late as there are plenty of people that are looking to upgrade. Hopefully this and the note 3 have it . The Htc one max is rumored also to come to sprint and have tri band LTE but it hasn't been officially unveiled yet by HTC so it may just be a rumor . The iPhone 5s isn't supposed to have tri band so maybe it's not ready yet but it would be good to hear something from sprint as the triband phone rumors have been floating around for awhile now and sprint has been silent

Journeyman

If this turns out to be true, then...yeah, I'm interested:  HTC One Max release date creeps closer, T6 confirmed to be One Max, coming to Sprint - Android Autho...

However, I find it hard to believe the One Max will have half the onboard storage of the One.

Journeyman

It does have triband LTE capability.  I have proof via FCC documents in the link below.  Open up the "RF Exposure Info" document and look on page 3 and 5 under section 1.1 and 1.3 and you see a picture of the device and the antennas.  B25 is 1900 MHz, B26 is 800 MHz and B41 is 2500 MHz.  You can also verify that the dimensions of the phone on page 5 that are 70.9 mm W x 138.5 mm H which match LG's official dimensions of the LG G2 phone.

OET List Exhibits Report

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally, a phone that will take advantage of all the new vision sites. I will order these phones on the first day.

Journeyman

The LG website, http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS980-White-g2/reviews, confirms it will be a tri-band LTE phone.  When you click on the 'Technical Specifications' tab, under 'Specifications,' it indicates 'Data Transmission' as 'LTE Bands 25/26/41,' which are 1900/800/2400.  #Excited

Journeyman

Only thing I am a bit surprised is that the Wifi Connectivity only lists 802.11 a/b/g/n.  I guess the Sprint version doesn't support 802.11 ac.  Not a deal breaker to me but it is disappointing considering that the Tmobile, AT&T and Verizon versions have 802.11 ac.

Journeyman

Only thing I am a bit surprised is that the Wifi Connectivity only lists 802.11 a/b/g/n.  I guess the Sprint version doesn't support 802.11 ac.  Not a deal breaker to me but it is disappointing considering that the Tmobile, AT&T and Verizon versions have 802.11 ac.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat