cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 Touch Screen issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G2 Touch Screen issues

I am having issues with my LG G2 touch screen. When I try to type a message, too many buttons are being pushed at once. When I press the home button or the menu button, most of the time it's is pressing them both at the same time. I have tried a soft reboot, and taking the case off. I still have the issue. I cannot type a text message. My phone is eight days past the one year warranty. Any Suggestions !

The phone is not damaged and has been very well taken care of, not even a scratch on it. It's been in an Otter Box case the whole time.

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Master

Re: LG G2 Touch Screen issues

Workinthruissues, Hey there! It sounds like you may be experiencing a knock code failure. Have you been to one of our Sprint repair centers for assistance?

- Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, they really did not try to trouble shoot the issue. They wanted me to get a new phone. I am eight days past my warranty, and I don't want to pay for a new phone Can this be fixed without getting a replacement ? I appreciate your help !

Master

Workinthruissues We can try a Master reset but that will erase all your personal files and take your phone back to factory default. To do a hard reset follow the instructions found here http://sprint.co/1KXtKUO - MitzieSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok, I will give it a try, and let you know the results. Thanks !

Journeyman

That did not work. Still have the issue. Now I can re-sync my contacts because I cannot type my username and password for my Google Account !

There seems to be an issue with the touch screen on the bottom right side. It allows the home button and menu button to "click" at the same time. When I try to type, the space bar will insert a period, and anything I type is garbled, because it is activating the wrong buttons, or more than one button at a time.

Journeyman

I was able to load my accounts. If I turn the phone and use the keyboard in the horizontal mode I can type. There has to be an issue with the bottom right portion of the touch screen.

Master

Workinthruissues,

You're welcome. Keep us posted.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Still having the same issue. I found that I can use the keyboard in the horizontal position. When the phone is in the vertical position, the bottom right portion of the touch screen is malfunctioning. For example the when I press the contacts icon, it selects the browser icon. With clicking feedback sound on, I can hear multiple clicks for one button press.

Master

Workinthruissues

That's not good to hear. Have you tried taking the device into a local Sprint store to have one of our technicians review it? Because now we would need to see if its a device issue or find the root of the problem to be able to resolve it.

- Keyahna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, I did. There was no effort to troubleshoot the phone. They just verified the issue, and tried to sell me another phone. I do not want to buy another phone. Since my phone is 8 days past its warranty they said I have three options, pay $75.00 for a replacement, talk to Sprint about the issue and warranty, or call LG. I do not want to pay $75 for an internal hardware issue, since like I stated before the phone is in pristine condition. If I called LG they would just refer me back to my carrier. I chose to try this forum to see if Sprint could help with the issue, or warranty. The Sprint stores in my area, are all "authorized dealers". They work off commission, and all they care about is making another sale. I knew more about the issue than they did. Can you help me with the warranty coverage ?

Wizard

If it's out of warranty, sadly there's nothing Sprint or LG can do. I don't know why the store would tell you that.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat