cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 Touch Screen issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G2 Touch Screen issues

I am having issues with my LG G2 touch screen. When I try to type a message, too many buttons are being pushed at once. When I press the home button or the menu button, most of the time it's is pressing them both at the same time. I have tried a soft reboot, and taking the case off. I still have the issue. I cannot type a text message. My phone is eight days past the one year warranty. Any Suggestions !

The phone is not damaged and has been very well taken care of, not even a scratch on it. It's been in an Otter Box case the whole time.

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Master

Workinthruissues

We'll be glad to look into this for you. Click on this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to contact us directly for further assistance. We are looking forward to assisting you.

- Keyahna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Message sent, thank you for all of your help !

Highlighted
Journeyman

The same thing started happening to me this weekend. First I couldn't enter my unlock code when I started my phone. Then I had major issues texting, only 1/2 my keyboard would work at one time. I changed my input method, cleaned my screen, even did some troubleshooting via Google, found out it's a problem that suddenly began recently on this device. I really, really like this phone but if this is a known issue it makes me rethink buying any LG phone in the future.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is not a hardware failure. It's something to do with the software. We have two identical G2s that have never been dropped or been wet. Both in cases. It started out with one and now both are doing it. The screen is unresponsive with ghost taps. It seems to be a known issue that has occurred with other G2s on CDMA networks like Verizon. needs to be made aware that this is an ongoing issue and we need an update to fix the issue asap whether it be Lollipop or a patch. I just feel like Sprint does this on purpose to try and get you to upgrade your "broken" phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just started experiencing these same sorts of issues - when using text keyboard certain letters won't work - different letters in landscape or portrait, but still see same issue. This was sudden, not sure what software was updated when so can't point the finger. I've been thinking of leaving Sprint after 30 years or so. If this is their problem and they either introduced it or won't fix it that will seal the deal. Oh, also ran their Device Diagnostic Tool and everything  passed also did soft reset to no avail.

Sprint, R U listening?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had/have this same issue. No help from Sprint. I've had Sprint for over 6 years and any time I have issues, the reps have either been rude, uncaring, and/or uneducated on the issue. I've experienced better service from my cable company. My theory is they force the older phones to go to crap whenever a new phone is launched that they want to sell (g4 comes out soon and S6 was recently launched) hints why this issue happened right after the last update. A similar issue happened with my galaxy s2 way back when, and of course.. All they did was talk me into upgrading and extending my contract. Well, not anymore. I have cancelled my 3 lines and will gladly deal with T-Mobiles lacking network.

Thanks for the 6 years of wasted money and time.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat