cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 Voice Quality Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G2 Voice Quality Issues

I recently purchased the LG G2 handset and have been experiencing issues with voice quality.  There is intermittent static and crackling which renders sound and voice unclear, both in handset and speaker mode.  I've changed my device settings for Voice Enhancement and Privacy keeper (on and off) and the problem is still there.  I searched online and it seems that others are having similar issues with their LG G2 across carriers.  Is there a fix for this?  I am otherwise pleased w/ the device, but not having good call quality is a huge issue for me.  Sprint has already attempted to do some sort of software upgrade, but this has not resolved the issue, so to me it seems like a manufacturing issue.  Not sure if the local tech should try to fix something that is a manufacturing defect.  

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: LG G2 Voice Quality Issues

Marenee -

Thank you for the post. We have heard of issues with the Voice Quality. LG is currently working on a fix for the phone. Unfortunately, we have not be told when this will be available. I would advise reaching out to LG to see if they can perform a warrenty exchange on the device as it is a manufacturer defect.

- *Kitty
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

This update might help with that issue. I just recieved it last night so not sure if it will help with voice quality yet or not.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServic...

Last Updated: Dec 06, 2013

Software Updates - LG G2

• Software updates may be released in stages and can take several days for delivery.
  • If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Check the current device software:Manually check for updates:Current version:
  • ZV8
VersionRelease DateDescription of Enhancements/Fixes
ZV812/06/2013
  • Audio issue enhancement
  • Google security patch
ZV711/08/2013
  • Initial release

Journeyman

Thank you J.D. I received the update today and so far it appears to have resolved the issue. I hope Sprint plans to broadcast to all owners of the LG G2 who activated prior to 12/6.

Journeyman

Your welcome.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat