cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 WiFi offline

Journeyman

LG G2 WiFi offline

Just got my G2,I'm connected to my WiFi at home, but can't access the Internet. Chrome browser says I'm offline.

I'm not sure what's up. Does anyone have any idea or solution?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: LG G2 WiFi offline

555LightEvo,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in Sprint Community. I apologize for the late reply. Are you still experiencing this same issue with the internet? What steps have you already tried? I just don't want you to have to repeat any steps. Have you power-cycled and or updated the profile? Let me know I am here to help!

Lucia

Social Care

Journeyman

I am still experiencing the issue with my Lg g2. I can connect to other WiFi networks just fine, but not my dlink at home. All my other devices connect with no prob ( Chrome book, Nexus 7 and my Evo 4g LTE) I have power cycled, updated the profile.... everything that should be expected. I deleted wifi connection form phone. Restarted router changed settings etc. but nothing seem to work. The Lg g2 will connect to the Wifi for  a brief moment and then nothing.I would be happy with the phone, if there was a solution to this problem.

Master

555LightEvo,

Thank you for your response.  Is your home Wi-Fi password protected? If so does the option pop up for you to connect? Could there be too many devices hooked up (wirelessly or wired) to your network? Please let us know.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes my WiFi Password is protected. MY connected devices include: Tivo Premiere, Chromebook, Nexus 7 . . . prior to the Lg g2 my Evo 4gLTE was also connected to my home WiFi network.

I have never had any issue with multiple devices being connected to my Personal WiFi network. I'm not a novice user of Electronic devices. Because my other devices connect to my WiFi router, my assumption is that it is an issue with THE Lg G2. I have power cycled my router, changed it's channel and password.I think I have done as much as i can.

If the Sprint Spark network was up in my area I would not care as much . . .  but my LTE reception is horrible in this area. I recently moved 2.5 - 3 west, in the L.A. area and my LTE Signal is not what I expect it to be. I'm paying for 4g not this slow 3g. You all should help me.

Master

555LightEvo,

We have forwarded this to the device experts as it is not recognized as a known issue at this time. Have you updated to the latest software? If you turn the LTE off does it still give you issues? Can you try to access apps and type in a web address and see if it'll open. If not, please provide us with the exact error message and code.

-Dania
Social Care
Journeyman

For clarification, I have done all I can do. I have updated all software, installed, re-installed etc. The issue is with Lg g2. When WiFi is off , the phone has no issue.... except that in my area there is no LTE reception and 3g RECEPTION IS POOR. I stated before. If Lte , or even 3g was viable for me I would not be concerned with this Wifi Flaw, but that is not the case.So far both LGUSA AND Sprint have not been helpful.

Master

555LightEvo,

We have forwarded the Wi-Fi issue to device experts and are waiting for a reply. In the meantime, I would like to look into the service issues you are reporting. May I get your nearby cross streets and a zip code to narrow down your area in L.A. please?

Thanks,

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat