cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 not removing old emails deleted from server when updating inbox

Journeyman

Re: LG G2 not removing old emails deleted from server when updating inbox

Your problem is a different issue entirely.  Just to confirm, you are using the default email app and are conntecting to AOL?

Authentication errors are for outgoing email and are used by AOL to ensure that only it's customer use its smtp servers for sending. (IMAP is receiving, SMTP is for sending).

Are you sending from home and using your wireless network or using the sprint data network? I ask because this is more likely a communication error than a phone or software error (assuming it is setup correctly).

Also, Under the account settings, what are the current SMTP (outgoing) settings (minus username and password)--although make sure your username is your complete email address.

I don't know if you manually set it up  or allowed the email client to set it up, but I find that apps automatically set up email settings wrong.

Master

Griddie, 

Thank you for posting to our Sprint community site and providing feedback in regards to your situation. Have you reached out directly to LG to get more clarification in regards to this email issue? Please let us know, we are here to help. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Yes, I am using the stock mail app for checking my AOL mail. I have not sent any mail from my G2, so far I've only used it to read and delete mail. The problem seems to have worked itself out, though. The settings are as follows:

SMTP Server: smtp.aim.com

Security type: SSL (accept all certificates)

Port number: 465

Require sign-in is checked

Journeyman

usually, authentication errors are communication errors not software errors, so im not surprised it cleared up.  Was going to suggest using TLS encryption and port 587, but as it is working now leave it be

Master

Thanks for taking time to post your tip, gerryf19.

Thank you,
*Paida

Journeyman

Hi gerryf19,

Domain Name Registrar Offering Cheap Email Web Hosting With Month to Month Payment

Although this is an old threat, your answers on this post helped me to resolve my problem.

Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator - Best Reviews for Top Web Hosting Plans

Thank you for your very informative replies.

Bluehost Discount Promo - New Coupon Code and Links

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat