cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. On Startup

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G2 process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. On Startup

After my device was upgraded to 4.4.2 I get this message every time I start up. "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." My device does seem to function normally otherwise. I have also noticed that some apps that were working, are now generating errors, or quit working altogether. I have read that there are the same issues on this device with other carriers. Is there any fix for this? I have attached a screenshot of my latest software information.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: LG G2 process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. On Startup

Pete_L_NY Please try clearing the cache and data for all the keyboards you are using and reboot. Go to: System Settings > Applications > Keyboard app.

Let me know if this worked. - Lavauna-Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I followed your directions, for the only keyboard app (Google Keyboard). I didn't get the error message upon reboot. However the keyboard defaulted back to the LG version. When I make the Google Keyboard the default again, and reboot again, I get the same error message. At least I know the culprit now, and will just wait for Google to release an update.

Thanks for providing some guidance so I could try and figure out what was going on.

Master

Pete_L_NY You are welcome! We are here for you should you have any other questions or concerns. -Lavauna-Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat