cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. On Startup

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G2 process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. On Startup

After my device was upgraded to 4.4.2 I get this message every time I start up. "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." My device does seem to function normally otherwise. I have also noticed that some apps that were working, are now generating errors, or quit working altogether. I have read that there are the same issues on this device with other carriers. Is there any fix for this? I have attached a screenshot of my latest software information.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: LG G2 process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. On Startup

Pete_L_NY Please try clearing the cache and data for all the keyboards you are using and reboot. Go to: System Settings > Applications > Keyboard app.

Let me know if this worked. - Lavauna-Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I followed your directions, for the only keyboard app (Google Keyboard). I didn't get the error message upon reboot. However the keyboard defaulted back to the LG version. When I make the Google Keyboard the default again, and reboot again, I get the same error message. At least I know the culprit now, and will just wait for Google to release an update.

Thanks for providing some guidance so I could try and figure out what was going on.

Highlighted
Master

Pete_L_NY You are welcome! We are here for you should you have any other questions or concerns. -Lavauna-Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat