cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 to receive LG G3 user interface at end of this year, and Android L next year.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G2 to receive LG G3 user interface at end of this year, and Android L next year.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG G2 to receive LG G3 user interface at end of this year, and Android L next year.

Sprint do you no when will the LG G2 be getting this update? Iam eligible for easy pay February 1st & wanted the G3 but if this is the case my G2 is just fine I love this phone & with Sprint Spark in Chicago Iam more then a happy customer:) I just want 2 no if this is a LG update date or a America carriers update date? Cuz this will help me just wait it out till my contract is up & get the G4 for free!! Love you Sprint from your bud in ChiRaq...

Highlighted
Master

Re: LG G2 to receive LG G3 user interface at end of this year, and Android L next year.

Thank you being a valued customer and the positive feedback. Just for clarification are you referring to a software update on the LG2?
Saul
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes Saul from Sprint. They are referring to the Android L Version Update would be a software update.

Highlighted
Wizard

Just because LG releases it, doesn't mean that Sprint has to do anything. Unfortunately, SprintCare reps don't have a clue about that. It would just take too much effort for the overseas rep to read the article.

Highlighted
Master

Katt50, If you have any questions or concerns regarding your account, let us know. Saul, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

J.D.Parsons, If you need any assistance, please let us know. Saul, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok now Iam not a smart but but are you SERIOUS? All I ask is when will the LG G2 be getting the LG G3 Interface Update and when will it be getting the Android L 5.0 update also? And before some one else comments saying Sprint dont no or dont do let me stop you cuz yes Sprint does send thr updates cuz it was Sprint who sent the 4.2 Kit Kat update. So now back 2 my question for the 3rd time could you help???

Highlighted
Journeyman

So who sends the updates? The tooth fairy? Dont be ridicules anf Iam sorry if I seem rude but why does someone always have 2 comment on something they have no clue on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay people if you were to click the link i post and read it . It say the LGG2 will get the LGG3 user interface at the end of the year. And LG will send the update staight to LGG2 not Sprint. As for the it also mentioned Android L will be sent maybe sometime early.mnext year. Just read the article. thank you for your time.

Highlighted
Master

johnmerced32-

Thank you for reaching out. All update announcement will be announced here before they are released: https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/lg/lg-g2 We are not currently aware of a date that the release will happen or what exactly that release will entail. All updates all pushed through by the manufacturer. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

- Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat