cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 touch screen going crazy?

Go to solution
Master

Re: LG G2 touch screen going crazy?

nancydear That is strange, and I'm sorry you're still having text message issues. What's the error you're getting? Is it happening in your home or outside your home?

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

not only have I had touch screen issues, today, while in airplane mode my display was a reboot screen of some sort. the first time I tried to clear it by powering off and got the same screen. the second time I had to hold the power button for a minute then I got a start up "Sprint Spark" screen. What is going on???

Master

Annabanana58 Not good your having issues with your touch screen. Let's see if we can help. Did this issues just start happening? Any recent new apps downloaded to device? If it seems the software is acting scketchy, we should back up the device and perform factory reset. Let me know if this works. Lorenzo
Journeyman

My phone has completely shut itself down.  It was a little glitchy, but then it was like something took complete control over it.  It is an LG, but not the same model. 

Master

JennaKing,

That's not good! What model of LG are you using? Have you done any troubleshooting?

Stephanie p
social care
Journeyman

HI Stephanie. 

I am using the LG Viper.  Started off clearing cache, cookies, etc., and also have a history eraser.  I did a full virus scan on the phone.  The google play sevices always comes up as a virus.  Then proceeded to do a PRL update, update profile, and restarted my phone.  Go through this process several times a day.  I had made a phone call, and as soon as I got of the phone call, it was like something was controlling it.  It can open my screensaver, add and delete different apps, it goes into my contacts and will just idle there for maybe a minute, and go to my email (just for example).  It started going into my downloads and deleting them (my sd card had been removed), but it was weird, because it was like it scrolled through and picked certain ones.  All I have in my downloads are my pictures. 

I did try to reboot, the touchscreen is not working.  I had gotten it to a point where it said there was a download in progress, which made me a little nervous.  That has never happened when I rebooted my phone before.  I decided to see what would happen, and let it run after about the fifth time of that message popping up.  It was running for HOURS.  Still nothing.  Now, as soon as I put the battery in, I don't even have to turn it on.  It automatically turns on by itself and starts doing its own thing.

I have called customer service and they have said I need to take it into a store.  The closest store to me is almost an hour away.  I would like to be able to mail my phone in and just upgrade to a different model on easy pay and have it mailed.  Also have insurance.  I am afraid something really bad has has taken over my phone, and honestly don't even want it in my possession.

Master

JennaKing Very sorry to hear that is happening to your phone. Please dialing ##72786# to see if this would correct the issue. Please let us know if this help. * Robtisha Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Im very upset with my sprint LG G2! After having it about a month my phone went crazy and completely reset itself! I lost everything! I called sprint and LG and both stated there was nothing they could do for me. So i went about my business and kept my phone. Now after having it 4 months, the top half of my screen no longer works and my phone totally spazzes out and does whatever it wants for hours at a time. I no longer have control of my phone. Called sprint and they still wont do shit for me! Im so upset! I hate this phone! And im starting to hate the company!

Master

DenaFranco,

I would suggest getting this device into one of our repair centers. Please make an appointment here: http://bit.ly/1bWupaC

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ive called a repair center and they want me to be without my phone for 3 days and i cant! Im on call 24/7 i need a phone

Master

DenaFranco, I understand your frustration and see how important this is for you. Does your device have insurance? Are there any physical damage? Let me know. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes i have insurace and the only physical damage is a little scratch in the corner on the back from me taking a case off

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat