cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 will not ring through

Journeyman

LG G2 will not ring through

I have people call me from other Sprint phones and from land lines and the calls do not ring through to the phone. The callers say sometime it will ring twice and go to voice mail or it may ring 6 times then they get voice mail. The phone does not show any received calls and the phone does not ring. I was using a Samsung S2 from the same location and my calls always came through. The phone show a signal strength of -102db. Which is the same signal strength as an S4 being used in the same location at the same time. I've already taken one G2 back because of this issue and the second one is doing the same thing right out of the box. If the person making the call redials my number 3 to 6 times my phone will ring through. What is up with this phone?

31 REPLIES 31
Master

Re: LG G2 will not ring through

RichOwen1,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. May I first ask if you are having any issues with Data connection on the phone, or issues with Texts as well? Also, does this issue only happen in one specific location, or are there multiple spots it happens at? Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The person using this phone is a stay at home mom, so it may occur in other places I can not say for sure. But with the signal strength the same as a S4 and all of the calls go through on this phone and the fact that sometimes the caller will hear it ring 6 time then get dumped into voice mail as opposed to ringing twice (normal for no signal at phone) then being dumped into voice mail. Also I've had many phone brands and all on Sprint from this same location and have never had this issue before tells me it is this phone for some reason. Data, voicemail and text work fine.

Master

RichOwen1,

To isolate it as a device issues even further, would you be willing to swap the phones between the 2 lines for a day? Please let me know.

Thanks again,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Why would it be the phone line when it worked just fine while it had a Samsung S2 on it and it only started doing this when this phone was activated? A line issue would indicate that Sprint has a problem with their equipment.

Master

RichOwen1,

Please know I was only requesting this option to truly isolate it as a device issue. If there is something actually wrong with your line, it would be something Sprint could fix. Otherwise, you would need to either submit the device for a Warranty claim one more time through LG. In that case, they are only going to be able to provide you with another G2. However, this is not a known issue for the device and we still don't know if it is just happening inside your home, which could also be the cause. Please remember that each specific make/model of devices has its own antennae, which means some devices work better in some areas than others.

Thanks again,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It cant be the line.....my phone isdoing the sanething

Master

dreadhead2011:

Let's first get a look at your area to see what may be going on there. Please provide your zip code, two cross streets and if it's network settings are on CDMA, Auto, LTE or CDMA/LTE.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I have three LG G2s and one of the phones is having this same problem.  The two that aren't having the problem defaulted to Global and the one having the problem has this problem regardless of whether the phone is set to Global, CDMA/LTE or CDMA.  Zip code is 75081 cross streets are Spring Valley and Jupiter Roads.

Master

dafever1

T

hanks for posting. The tower looks good right now. So, two of the three LG G2 phones that you have are working in that same location. Is this correct? Does the phone with the issue have this problem anywhere else? Is there a specific time that you notice the issue? Did you do a software version update on any or all of the devices? What software version are they running?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Robin,

Actually two of the phone are in the location I provided.  My phone is at 75094, cross streets F.M. 544 and Murphy Roads.  However, all three phones are running LS980ZA, build JDF39B.  The phone with the issue experiences it pretty much everywhere it's been used in the DFW area. 

Master

dafever1

Thanks for your post. I looked at your area and I'm having an issue drilling down to an exact tower. If you wouldn't mind, please private message us with your phone number and pin, and we can pull up your specific address. I also want to confirm that you are not receiving calls. Do they go right to voice mail? When did this start happening?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat