Did you mean: 

LG G2 will not ring through

Journeyman

Re: LG G2 will not ring through

Following up on my last PM

Master

Dafever1,

Hello again. Have you received a response back to your private message that you sent? Let me know.

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Thank you for the follow-up. I checked my PM box and I haven't received any further replies.

Master

dafever1,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to locate your location in zip 75094. I'm showing the closest tower to this location is not performing at optimal levels. I have flagged this location for our network team to investigate. Once they are able to diagnose the issue, the fix should be soon to follow.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for the reply.  Please keep me posted.  What about the towers in 75081, which is actually the zip code that the "problem" phone is primarily used in.

Master

dafever1

Not a problem at all. It is our pleasure. The towers in the area of 75081 show indications that upgrade work is currently being done at this time. This would explain the service concerns that you are having there.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the update. 

Journeyman

Still have this problem, unless I set the phone to CDMA.  But then I don't get the LTE speed. 

Master

dafever1,
What particular problems are you referring to? Let us know.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint Care,

The problem I experience is that unless I have the phone set to CDMA, if someone calls me, the phone doesn't ring and I don't show that I missed a call. The call will either go straight to voice mail or the caller will hear the phone ring a few times and then get my voice mail

However, if I have the phone on CDMA, I don't get connected to LTE.  I'm pretty much stuck with 3G speeds.  I truly believe it's an issue with the phone.  As mentioned in an earlier post, I have two other G2s that default to the Global setting and have no problems receiving calls or connecting to LTE.  I did take the phone in to the local store and was basically told that I shouldn't be using Global, the correct setting for this phone should be CDMA.

That makes no sense to me considering:

1. I have two other phones with no issue
  2. Why do I have a Spark enabled phone, but can't use Spark?
Master

dafever1, I absolutely understand your frustration; the CDMA-only workaround is just that, a workaround.  We've been investigating the issue with Spark devices and are working on a real solution for you to get the full benefit out of your phone. Once it's been resolved, info will either be published here or a we'll push an update to your phone.  In the meantime, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply.  Odd that it's affecting only one of my three phones.  Hopefully there's a fix in sight very soon.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat