cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 will not ring through

Master

Re: LG G2 will not ring through

Dafever1,

You are welcome. If we can come up with something soon we will let you know. Check out Sprint.com/newsroom for updates as well.

Thanks again,

- Shyne
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Given that it's affecting only one of my three phones, would it be possible to exchange the "problem" phone for another one instead of waiting/hoping that a fix is forthcoming? I know I'm outside the 14 day window, but would this issue be covered under the LG warranty?

Master

Dafever1,

Please contact LG directly as we can not speak to what they cover under the manufacture warranty. The replacement process through them is different then how we replace the devices.

Thanks,

- Shyne
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Both my wife and daughter have a G2 on sprint. My daughters works fine, but my wife's phone has this problem all the time, no matter where she is. It always takes at least 2 times calling to get a call to go through to her phone and it always takes multiple times of her calling to get a call to ring.

Yet my daughter's phone works from the same location first time.

Very frustrating. The phone is over a year old now so I'm sure there won't be much of a warranty coverage on it.

My daughter's phone is 2 months older and works great.

Also I have never had issues with G or now the S6.

Journeyman

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.  It's very frustrating.  Interestingly, the one phone that was experiencing the issue has been working just fine lately when set to the Global setting under Network Mode.  I see that Sprint is rolling out the Lollipop update which is supposed to have some radio enhancements.  Maybe that will help resolve this issue.

Journeyman

Was a solution ever found for this issue? It sounds unreasonable for Sprint to keep saying "there is no known issue with this phone", yet several people have the same experience and from different locations.

I am having the same exact problem; phone hasn't rung for the last 2 days and before you ask, yes i have rebooted it several times, and i have traveled outside my zip several times.

My primary zip is 66062, right at the door step of Sprint in Overland Park.

Journeyman

We checked and the phone is set to "Global" in the network settings.

Not sure what other options we have.

The wife isn't happy.

Journeyman

vwpowr, Sprint is going to tell you that the work around is to change the setting to CDMA.  That does seem to "fix" the problem.  However, you won't get LTE.  If I recall, at best you'll get 4G speeds.

Not ideal, but it at least fixed my problem of the phone ringing through.  Although, as I said, here recently I've been able to switch back to Global, get LTE and have the phone ring through.  I see that the new Lollipop update includes some kind of update that affects the radio as well, so maybe this will also resolve your problem.  Hope this helps.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat