cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 won't/can't connect to the network

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G2 won't/can't connect to the network

Not happy with LgG2 for the following reasons. It's been happening for about a month off and on but it's little things

1. Dropped calls (about 10-15% of time)

2. Maps/navigation won't function if I am connected to Bluetooth (off and on for about 1 month)

3. As of 2 days, my phone does not connect to the network if I am not connected to WIFI. If I start navigation in a location that has WIFI, I go about my business, and I have to exit maps/navigation for any reason --> I won't be able to reach the network again. Stranded. At first I thought it was an issue of location but today I was NOT able to access the network at all. I was driving along the I-5, around sac state, around Stockton. Nothing. No  [inappropriate word removed]  access. This is not the first time that the phone has left me stranded.

4. my phone is GPS and wifi enabled. However it still says "searching for network"

*I've enabled my GPS. Doesn't work

*i've restarted my phone. Doesn't work

*i've turned off wifi and tried to only use the network. Definitely doesn't work

**My family member who also has Sprint (and is on the same plan as I am) does not have the problem. I think that it's the phone.

5. my maps, navigation, and google are all updated. Still no access on the road.

What is going on with this stupid phone or the stupid network???

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Master

Re: LG G2 won't/can't connect to the network

TheS.GT.Family - I do apologize for the issues you are having. You advised that your family member has no problems with their device. Have you tried doing a master reset on your device? The issue can be with your device's internal antenna. Please provide me with your zip code and the nearest cross streets. I want to check your area to make sure there are no open issues. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the exact same issues. How do you do a master reset? My son, who lives 2 miles away, with the same phone, had no issues. I've even called LG, who tells me it must be a service issue, but my son and I are on the same account. I just cannot enjoy my phone, feel frustrated constantly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have all the same problems and more. The phone is a complete disaster in regards to poor reception and connectivity. I have a hard time making calls, sending texts and with data, pretty much no matter where I am. I never had these issues with my Samsung S3. I can now see why this phone is not very popular is being given out for free at most places. It's either a design flaw by LG or it's the fact that the G2 simply is not compatible with Sprint's network.

Highlighted
Master

GOEPFERT1 - I do understand this is frustrating for you. Can you please provide me with your zip code and the nearest cross streets to you? I will check the network in your area. Before performing a master reset, make sure you back up your information. To do the master reset on your device, you will have to follow these steps. On the phone, from Main Menu > Settings > Security.
Enter Lock Code screen appears.
Enter the last 4 digits of the PTN..
In Security menu, select Reset Settings.
Select Reset Walkie Talkie service to default settings.
Select Yes to complete the Master Reset.
Select No to return to the previous screen - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

NEVERSUMMER75 Try resetting the network settings. To do this you will dial out ##72786# the phone will reboot then come back up and do a Hands Free Activation.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issues, but for a bout a year now. I was told due to the upgrades to the towers, tjis msy be the issue. Now that Sprint has completed the upgrades, I am still having this problem. I have done several master resets and Sprint sent me a replacement (same phone) and still having the same issues. It's. Not just in one location it is everywhere I go. It goes from 4G to 3G, then to no signal. For the money I am paying for a service I intermittently, I am very [inappropriate word removed]. I have called to ask Sprint if they would honor me an early upgrade due to these issues, mind you, my contract is up at the end of this year. Theu stated you would have to buy out your contract for $200 to upgrade. That is just B.S. considering I have been complaining about my service for over a year before I got this LG. I had the HTC Evo and still had the same problems. I truly don't think its the phone, but a network issue.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. 

Highlighted
Master

Msmac847,

Thanks for posting. I apologize that you're having issues with your phone. Can you provide me with the cross streets and zip code? I want to check your location and see if all the upgrades were completed.

Marie
Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

10Th Street and McAlister Ave 60085

Highlighted
Master

MsMac847,

The location you provided shows upgrades are being done. The techs are working diligently to get the upgrades completed. They are working to enhance the voice, and data coverage for indoor/outdoor service. Our main goal is to improve our service overall. We're just as anxious as you are, please continue to be patient. Thanks for posting.

Marie
Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issues I am located at SUNY Old Westbury.

Highlighted
Master

ShantaySC,

Can you provide me with the zip code please, I would like to narrow down the search? Thanks.

Marie
Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat