cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2 won't update

Journeyman

LG G2 won't update

Hello,

I've had my LG G2 since November, but I'm still on software version LS980ZV6. I have not gotten the Spark update or the Kit Kat update. I've tried manually updating, to no avail. How do I update my phone???

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG G2 won't update

The update will automatically be pushed to your device. Not everyone gets the update at the same time. When you say you tried manually, did you download the image file and side-load onto your device?

Go to Settings > System updates and update your profile. Then click on Update Firmware and/or Update Software. See if it shows an update. If it doesn't, you will receive a message to download in install the update in the near future

Journeyman

I did try to do all those things you recommended. The problem is that the software version (zv6) is older than the release software (zv7)! I have no idea how that could happen, but it did. The newest kitkat update is 3-4 updates newer than the software I have on this phone. I took it to a Sprint repair store today and they said the phone was rejecting attempts to manually install newer software through their computers. So they're ordering me a new one through insurance to swap out. No fix, apparently.

Master

gameover98

That's definitely a bizarre problem, but I'm glad the store is ordering a new phone for you. Please let us know how it works out.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat