cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS980ZV7

Go to solution
Journeyman

LS980ZV7

My Phone is still at LS980ZV7 and hasn't got the update to LS980ZVA.  Anyone else having that issue?  Just want to be able to get KitKat when its rolled out.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: LS980ZV7

I'm in the same boat.  My phone wouldn't accept the update to ZV8, so I was given a new one (thanks Best Buy insurance!).  This one won't even give me the notification that the ZV8 (or ZVA) update is available. I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Journeyman

I've just about worn through the glass by hitting the "Check Now" button hoping for an update.  I am hoping that they aren't updating because they are going to start releasing KitKat update next week, but I doubt that is the real problem.  Might have to call Sprint tonight when I get home.

Journeyman

Called Sprint Tech Support and they sent the update.

It came up preparing network then update PRL failed (3G is soso at work), rebooted phone and it did its thing.  Software still showed LS980ZV7(So I cussed a bit) hit "check now" for a software update...BAM!

Going to take a while to download.  If it goes to install and still shows ZV7 when its done, you have to go into recovery and install it from the Cache.  To get into recovery you hit Power and Down button. 

Help it helps!

Journeyman

Spark is excellent.

Master

fivein4ths,

Are you still needing assistance with this or have you looked into the advice as given by other people on this thread?

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Jessica,

I didn't really need any assistance, at least when I initially responded to this thread.  I was responding to lars9111 to let him know that he wasn't the only one having trouble with the update.  As mentioned in my reply, I got a brand new phone because the one I had at first had a software defect, at least according to the Tech at my local Sprint store.

I finally did get the prompt to download and install the update to ZV8, then the one to update to ZVA, so I'm good, unless you have a date for the Kit Kat update.

D

Master

fivein4ths,

I wish I had the date for the Kit Kat update but unfortunately I don't. Hopefully it will be soon.

Have a Great Day!

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat