cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Coverage?

Journeyman

LTE Coverage?

So Sprint texted me yesterday "SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade2 Reply S to stop."

Does this mean where I live (Calverton, NY) will be receiving LTE, or does this just mean New York City once again gets a faster data connection with Spark. I'm still on 3G meanwhile 4G, LTE, and Spark are all out at this point. Every other carrier here except T mobile has LTE at this point and the 3g is just so painfully slow..

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: LTE Coverage?

Youre lucky you got at least some LTE in your area, in hawaii there isnt any at all yet they keep promising it will be soon! And people like myself upgraded for NOTHING! Youre right the 3G is slow!At least with my old phone i had 4G!

Master

AMY010605244,

Thanks for your post. I live in NYC, please let me explain why Spark is important in the city as a natural outcome of the spectrum's physical properties.  Firstly, you will have LTE at 1900 MHz and on select towers, 800 MHz. Your towers will have 800 MHz voice and 1900 MHz 3G data and voice. What does this all mean? The Spark will tunnel 1900, 800, and 2500 MHz signals with the 2500 MHz signal being the backbone of this technology. 2500 MHz is very powerful but does not do well in large, open areas; that signal is only truly useful at short range in a highly populated area, NYC a you know is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. You will start seeing LTE in 3-6 months, your speeds will increase dramatically and with the introduction of 800 MHz start seeing dramatically better coverage as well.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I got the upgrade to Spark in San Francisco and I am not a big fan of it.  I have basically no signal at San Francisco's airport.  With the 3g/4g My phone worked just fine... Hoping for fast improvement or its time to say bye bye

Master

Goofball1

Sorry that you are not experiencing the full effects of Sprint Spark. Just to follow up have you noticed any improvements? Please continue to have patience with us. 

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

IAN52

I wanted to follow up with you regarding your service. Are you still experiencing poor service quality in your area? Have you noticed any improvement?

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat