cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Not working on the LG G2

Master

Re: LTE Not working on the LG G2

Hey JB027,

Thanks for posting with us; sorry to hear of your service issues.

I've checked your area and didn't find any alerts for data. Are you still having the issue? What kind of device are you using?

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am still having issues with 4G LTE on my LG G2. I have done about 5 profile updates on the phone, turned data on and off, switched the date from CDMA/LTE to CDMA and back to CDMA/LTE  and still not having constant 4G LTE. One question if I leave my phone on Global will that affect my billing? also when I do a profile update it automatically goes to Global is normal?

Journeyman

For the LG G2 there should be a update on that phone January or February 2014 for the spark software update but I don't know if that would fix your LTE connectivity problem. Do you have spark near your location?

Unless this thread is true pretty much all LG G2 users have the same problems.

Link: https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/143646

Might have to wait for a software update to fix the problem. Even if you trade in the device the same problem would occur.

Journeyman

Being a new customer to Sprint I have to say I'm very disappointed in the cell service from their network in my area. I really hope they work hard not only to update current towers but build more of them in Northern MN. Both AT&T, and Verizon have full 4G LTE up here, and here I am fighting to find a reliable 3G ROAMING signal!!!!!!!!!

Master

phatspeed7x 

Thank you for letting me know about your service. May I have a zip code and cross streets to check the coverage and status of the towers. I’m here to help!

*David S
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Zip code is 55775. Street is Country road 12 that runs between Calumet, and Hwy 65. My house is .5 miles off the road back in the woods. I've contacted you people though a few threads, and have been on the phone a couple times. You guys say I'm in the "coverage" area, but I have no bars at my house. Very frustrating. Parents have AT&T and have a full 4G signal. I only went with Sprint because you still offered umlimited data. But that's useless if I can't get a signal. Only way I'm able to reply to these threads is because I have a mobile hot spot from Verizon who also offers 4G signal up here. So here is what I want for 2014....

PICK UP YOUR GAME, AND UPGRADE YOU DANG TOWERS, AND BUILD NEW ONES. GET THE COVERAGE THAT THE OTHER TWO MAJOR PLAYERS HAVE!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I barely have a 3g signal....where once I had a solid 4-5bars...hoping this is part of the network upgrade..Fairhill Dr. And Tanglewood Dr. Raleigh NC 27612

Master

phatspeed7x,

Thanks for posting. We are building LTE 1900 and 800 MHz as quickly as we can out by you. I had a difficult time finding your exact location, how far are you from 2nd Ave in Calumet? 

Andrew B.
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm having exactly the same issue in the Salt Lake City metro area. At every single store, every phone except for the G2 is receiving a strong LTE connection. I know that there's supposed to be an update for the G2 early 2014 . Has anybody else heard about this?

Master

Hello, Chrisbr69.

We did a tower issue that is now cleared. We will be starting to do Network vision updates in the coming months. Please power cycle and update your profile. Let me know if anything changes.

Thank you,
*Paida

Master

NateAshby1111

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ll be happy to look into the Salt Lake City area and see what’s going on. To narrow down the towers that services you. May I get your zip and cross streets? I’m here for you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thank you Paida, 3g tower is back on. Patiently waiting for LTE for the LGG2.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat