cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Not working on the LG G2

Journeyman

Re: LTE Not working on the LG G2

I'm about 5 miles southeast of Calumet just south of Swan Lake. I've noticed in the last week or so that my "roaming" signal for data... that's all I ever get at my house has been very very bad. Dropped calls, and no data connection.

Journeyman

Oh, this is really frustrating. I could live with one problem, I grinned and bore two problems - but three is too much!

Not able to get ANY signal at work (119th & Renner @ 66219) . On wifi at home (75th and Wornall @ 64114), I never notice my poor signal. Change my preferred network off Global & it defaults back immediately. I never, ever, ever roll down to get 3G. It's either < 1 bar or roaming. I ROAM in KC occasionally.

My phone will also be syncing for 3-4 hours a day. Why?

Finally, I drop/miss calls like others who have the LG G2 with the tri-band issue. Just curious, when do we get our system upgrade to fix this?  I don't believe I have seen a date on that rollout.

thanks!

Journeyman

Dan, I'm trying to get a straight answer so I know what to expect. I've some posts that say some people are able access Sprint Spark on their LG G2, but I'm also that Sprint will be pushing out a phone update for the LG G2 to even be able to access Sprint Spark. I'm in 75215 and cannot access Spark. Please help.

Master

MicheleMMMMM,

Thanks for your post. Both areas you've mentioned have upgrades going on in them currently on both the LTE side and enhanced 3G. While this is going on you may see fluctuations in signal and intermittent issues. Technicians are working to get everything done quickly and keep any issues to a minimum. I am concerned about the phone syncing for that long of a period daily. Is it just syncing contacts or is it syncing all data from the phone? Is it syncing to a backup or to Google? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

morgansg48,

Thanks for reaching out! There is a known issue with the LG G and the Nexus 5 connecting to Sprint Spark. WE are currently working with LG to resolve this. It has not been announced to us when this update will be released. You can keep up with all official Sprint news at www.sprint.com/newsroom .

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Duane,

Thanks for the Spark update. On a different note, I'm having a problem getting the Sprint mobile sync app downloaded from google to work on my LG G2. The app never gets past attempting to connect to server. Please help.

Master

morgansg48, 

Thank you for the response. Just to clarify are you downloading directly from the Google play store? Also, are you attempting to download it over the network or over a Wi-Fi connection? Please let me know, I look forward to your response. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team  

Journeyman

Charles G,

I downloaded the Sprint mobile sync app from the play store via the Sprint network.

Journeyman

Also, on a different note, why have I not received the ZVA Sprint Spark update for my LG G2?

Journeyman

My LG G2 doesn't get 4g either nothing but 3G, couldn't return or exchange it because I was on the 14th day, apparently Sprint activates it before they ship it on a new line, wow thx for letting me know that in advance, now i'm stuck with 3g when all i wanted was 4G, I live at 601 N Jackson Ave Tacoma, WA 98406, can you tell me whats up with the towers around here, I should be getting 4G LTE, there is a tower 3 blocks from me that is 4GLTE and i'm in an excellent coverage area. I'm just going to have T-Mobile buy out my contract and pay my EFT's and BS fees, Sprint doesnt care and wouldnt even exchange my phone.

Journeyman

I saw this post in another thread..

Try checking your SIM card number, make sure it matches with what Sprint has,i had the same issue no 4g and the error you were mentioning. My SIM card number was different then what Sprint had, they just updated the number i gave them and works awesome.  

Master

DaveyDogg30,

Sorry to hear about the issue, just out of curiosity is the network mode on your device set to "global"?

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat