cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Not working on the LG G2

Master

Re: LTE Not working on the LG G2

SKYE1108,

Thank you for sharing this information and I apologize for such difficulties when attempting to connect to 4G LTE in your area.  We can take a closer look into this matter to see what's going on but please keep in mind our coverage maps are estimates and not guarantee.  What is your work and home cross streets and zip code?  Did you previously own a LTE device and did it connect to 4G LTE in this area?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Master

phatspeed7x,

Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies on the delay in our response. Are you still coming across issues with your service? Can you please let me know the zip code and cross streets so I can check out the towers in your area? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

morgansg48,

Thanks for the response. Have you received the LGG2 update for your device? I do know we had rolled it out for the device. Please let us know we are here for you.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Master

Chrisbr69,

Thanks for the post. Are you still having an issue? Has the update fixed this?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

morgansg48,

Thanks for the post. Checking in on you, have you gotten the update yet? Has your device been upgraded? Let us know we can help.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I went to a Sprint store and saw the LG G2 sitting there next to Spark Galaxy S4 and others that said LTE (the others), but the LG G2 switched down to 3G.

The store rep then told me that once the LG G2 switches back to 3G, it won't re-connect to LTE for 30 minutes.  I saw it just sitting in 3G next to the others.  It might have a bad radio?  Don't know if this is true, but it sounds like the LG G2 might need a recall. 

Looks like you web reps better tell Mr. Son, that his company is pissing off customers in droves, and they are the top customers, by selling LG G2's with problems, and not fixing it.  The guy is from Japan.  He knows what to do, if somebody can get the word to him, and if you don't, the Japan ethic will be a shock to you.  If you don't pass it up the line, you are toast.  Not like around here.  Just wait!

Journeyman

Thanks for the follow-up - LTE has significantly improved in the RDU area...Great Job Sprint!!!

Master

SPR101user,

Thanks for posting. We appreciate your feedback and we will definitely handle implementing a fix. Please keep us posted should you have any additional concerns you'd like us to assist you with.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Chris6r69,

Thanks for replying and keep us updated. We're ecstatic to know that things have significantly improved. Should any new issues arise, we're standing by should you need our assistance.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Good morning to you. I was searching for some help with my phone when I happened upon this thread. I had no idea this was a widespread problem but no one that I call with Sprint seems to know about it. Can you tell me what is being done about this? My phone drops calls, roams all the time, and my 4G LTE doesn't work at all. I travel often and it doesn't work anywhere. My zip code is 27834 but I'm in 28216 often as well.

Master

FADE2BLAQ,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. Is this a recent issue? I'd like to check the towers servicing the specific areas you are in; can you please provide cross streets for each of these zip codes? Also, do you know if other Sprint users in these areas are experiencing similar issues? Have you attempted a profile update lately?

Thank you,

*John R.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Get used to it.

Understand, people, that Sprint KNOWS FULL WELL what is wrong but DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW! Therefore, there IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A TOWER RIGHT IN YOUR AREA EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS! Rest assured, though, that if you give a cross street and a zip code, these "customer service" stooges will promplty send a message on your behalf making that particular tower priority #1!  Don't believe me? Just read these threads!

What Sprint does not want you to know is that the type of network technology that allows seamless switching between LTE and CDMA is called Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB) and Enhanced Circuit Switched Fallback (eCSFB). Sprint has not deployed this to the vast majority of its network yet. Areas that do not have it (most of us!) have no expected time frame for its installation (despite what they say about working this tower or that tower); and since your triband smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini, and Galaxy Mega) is designed for this type of network, one must wait for the upgraded network which will come long after most Sprint customers have wized up and moved on to better carriers.

The LG G2, Nexus 5, and  HTC One Max are only designed for one or the other pathway, either LTE or CDMA, so there you're SOL, anyhow (which Sprint knows, believe me!). Too bad, so sad.

Learn to live with it, people. Just stick with 3G...Sprint's LTE sucks, anyhow.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat