cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg G2 Invalid card

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Lg G2 Invalid card

I would like to know the status of the known issue concerning Sprint Spark devices that Duane from Sprintcare referred to earlier in this thread. Ultimately, I would like to have 4G service and have the "invalid card" issue corrected.

Highlighted
Master

JMRO1959 -

There is currently no information available in regards to an estimated time of the solution. When the fix is complete and ready for devices we will send them out over the air for download purposes. We apologize once again for the inconvenience.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have got the same issue. After sending this to lg for repair. LTE coonnects for a very brief period only after prl update...pops into self service telling me about my plan. If i make a call it goes back to 3g saying "your simcard is lockedlocked, power cycle or contact sprint". The LTE connection does not last longer than 5 minutes anyways.

Sprint non-tech guy removed and put back in the sim but it did not help. The notification bar has a symbol of sim with a red exclamation mark.

Will going to sprint repair store help in this situation or am i waisting my time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got off the phone witl LG. They said have Sprint replace the SIM card.

Highlighted
Master

JMRO1959,
Hello there! If in need of assistance, let us know. We are here to help.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

snaaps,

I am sorry to hear this. I advise taking the device into a service location to get checked out. You can find one near you here Sprint Store Locator. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally fixed after 3 trips to Sprint Store. Apparently, when LG fixed my phone they changed the SIM card. It did not match the S/N on record. The Sprint Store just updated the S/N on record. Shouldn't have taken so long and I shouldn't have had to tell them what to do.

Highlighted
Master

JMRO1959,

We are sorry that took so long to get resolved. We are glad that your phone is fixed and you are no longer having any issues. Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you,

Barry
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, this just happened to me. They changed the UICC (SIM) card when repairing my LG G2. A chat rep walked me through the steps of inserting a paper clip through the top left hole to pop out the card and give him the number. He activated the number and my LTE started working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just received a G2 back from warranty repair and am having this exact same issue.  Unfortunately I had a terrible experience on the phone with 2 different support reps on 2 different calls.  Only after discovering this thread after hanging up on the second call did I(along with the helpful folks here) discover that this is the problem that I am having and 'solved' the issue myself.  Since by that time the Sprint store was closed, I decided to go to Best Buy and guess what? The individual I spoke to in the mobile department knew immediately what the problem was and could and would have replaced the sim card for me on the spot however I didn't want to spend the $30 to do so.  He stated that they used to be able to give free replacements but Sprint has locked down 3rd parties and make them charge the customer now.  Way to go Sprint!

In both of the above mentioned support calls, I specifically stated on numerous occasions that this was a warranty repair replacement.  Not once did either of the individuals trying(and failing) to help me mention that the issue I was having was stemming from this sim card scenario.  In fact the first individual kept trying to sell me a protection plan?! so that I could then take into a Sprint store to have someone look at it despite the fact that I told him that I already had 3rd party insurance.

This left a very bad taste in my mouth.

To any Sprint folks reading this: Please disseminate this information to your phone support reps so that folks like myself don't spend a bunch of wasted time.  Why this isn't part of the 'script' already is beyond me.

Highlighted
Master

JWolfPDX -

Sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Have you tried visiting a Sprint store again to get your resolution?

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not yet, I will not be able to get to a Sprint store until this evening.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat