cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop

Journeyman

Lollipop

Has anyone received the lollipop update Via OTA?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Lollipop

When I talked with a technician at my local corporate Sprint store Saturday,  he indicated that the LG G2 units are updated by serial number. The larger the numbers, the later you receive the update.  He was surprised to see the update notification on the Sprint support webpage. His internal database (He showed me) still showed the last update back from October 2014.

So I don't know if there are bugs still being worked out or not.  I know from these forums some people have reported updates to Lollipop on their G2 devices.  The tech said that some G3 models had issues with Lollipop with reduced battery life. He did say that other brands of phone had worse issues requiring factory re-sets.

I guess we wait and see.

Journeyman

I have yet to receive the update either. It's getting kinda irritating, having to wait this long for an update. But hey, they do these OTA updates for a good reason- so that any early versions can be fixed if they are riddled with any bugs. This could be the difference between having a goofed up phone and a functional one, so that's what has been keeping me patient.

Journeyman

I agree liam.harffele. I would rather wait for bug fixes than have a messed up phone. I have read some G3 units had to have factory resets after Lollipop. The Sprint tech told me HTC has been the worst with issues. I am trying to be patient as well.

Journeyman

It gets harder to keep your patience as each day goes on, so hopefully most units will get Lollipop within the next week or so. I read a thread that said LG is planning to (hopefully) have all G2 phones updated by the 18th. We will see if that's accurate or if it's false information

Journeyman

I read the same thread about the 18th.

Journeyman

I got the OTA update and loving it

Journeyman

When did you get the Lollipop OTA update. I am still waiting. I have been doing manual update checks periodically.

Journeyman

I got the update last Wednesday. I don't know if this matters but I activated my G2 on my line so I could get work done to my nexus and upon activation the update was there

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called Sprint Tech support. They assisted me with a profile update and did a reset. Still no Lollipop. A Senior tech said the updates are sent in bulk stages.

Journeyman

Still no update for me. Wife got hers last week!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat