cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone muffled

Highlighted
Journeyman

Microphone muffled

My wife and I both own G2s that frequently sound muffled.  I thought that perhaps the phone was out of position (hand or something covering the microphone) which is typically the case.  While talking to my son today he asked when an event was occurring and I held the phone in front of me while I looked it up (without using the speaker phone).  He stated that he couldn't hear me.  Double checked my hand position and tried again with the same result.  I clicked the power button and he stated that everything popped in and sounded normal.  Did a couple more experiments with the same result.  This is a problem I've never experienced with my HTC devices.  Can you guys try the same thing and post up your results?  I never like the standard "sprint customer care" answer of taking the phone in to tech support only to drop it off for two hours and not fix anything....  Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Microphone muffled

Dear calgator73,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can I get a little more information please. Is this happening everywhere? Is it indoors or outdoors? Can you please provide zip and cross streets, so that we can check you service tower.

Thanks,

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks for the quick response...here is a nearby address:

3102 Big Bethel Rd

Yorktown, VA  23690

I don't think it is a tower issue...seems to be more of an issue with the screen on during a phone call.  Anyway...thanks for the help.

Chad

Master

Dear Chad,

Thanks for the infomation. Your service area is currently scheduled for upgrades during the next 90 days. When I look at the tower that services you I am seeing some hiccups with signal, and that can affect Voice Quality. I have pinpoint the tower to alert the engineers to the issue.

Have you done the 4.3 update? Have you tried a data profile update?

Thanks,

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The only recent update was ls980zv8....LG G2 is only on 4.2.2...not 4.3.  Are you referring to something else?  And yes I refreshed my profile.  Quick question...what does a tower issue have to do with losing my microphone when the screen is on  while making a call?

Master

Dear cagator,

You said that you sounded muffled, this can be a result of tower issues and a poor voice signal. If you feel that this is a hardware issue, I would reccommend taking the device in and having a service and repair technician check on it for you.

Sincerely,

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues, have you found a solution? I've been traveling nationwide,so I doubt that it is a tower issue. It seems to be fine when it's on speakerphone or if I have a headset connected. Nonetheless, my home service area Kansas City, MO.

Journeyman

I have not had time to take it in to have it looked at. But what I have noticed is that if I turn the screen off while holding the phone in my hand the call comes in loud and clear and everybody can hear me with no problems.I will try to take it in later this week but I get the feeling based on my phone, my wife's phone and your phone that this problem will not go away based on a tower upgrade.

Master

labridgess, 

Thank you for posting as well.  What phone do you have? If it's happening everywhere you go then that sounds like it may be a device issue.  

Dania
Social Care

Master

Hi Chad!

I just wanted to check in to see if you were able to resolve this particular issue? Please let us know if you're still in need of assistance.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have the same problem, however my phone is muffled whether I am on speaker or not. My microphone is fine (on audio recordings I sound perfectly fine) - it's just on calls. People can not understand me when I speak.

I will try to knock-off screen when in a phone conversation to see if this works.

I am 4.2.2, LS980ZVA. Is there an update fix for this? I was reading it may be a network issue (HD calling?!?!). I am in KCMO 75th and Wornall, 64114.

Thank you!

Master

MicheleMMMMM,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. I checked your area and I am not noticing any problems with the tower. Let me know if trying the knock-off screen works.

Jen R
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat