cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO 4G LTE...Have not had since got replacement phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

NO 4G LTE...Have not had since got replacement phone

I seem to not be alone with my problem. I recieved a replacement phone on Tuesday and have had problems ever since. Initially my problem was that I had a red X next to my signal bars. Contacted customer service and went through some troubleshooting and the problem was resolved. Immediately after I hung up the phone I had the same problem. I have not been able to get 4G since Tuesday. Went to a different city and still not 4G. There are 2 towers at I-75 & Kings Highway in which I always used to get 4G. To my surprise I did not get 4G. Was with my friend who has a Samsung G4 and he gets 4G just fine. Contacted sprint today and was on the phone for an hour with customer service, basic troubleshooting, even reset phone. CS suggested I go into a store to have them diagnose the phone. Immediately when I walked in and showed them my phone they said " Let me guess no 4G" I said correct. They informed me it is a known issue with the phone and there was nothing they can do. How come I used to get 4G but now dont? How come everyone is quick to point the blame? Its the towers, its your device, its a problem with LG? I am paying good money for a service and I am not getting what I pay for. Sure they offered me $25 service credit, but I would rather have my phone work correctly. I am overly frustrated and about to switch providers. I am looking for work and need to have a reliable phone. What is the deal? Before you ask the zip code is 33980 and the closest cross streets are Kings Highway and HarborView...

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: NO 4G LTE...Have not had since got replacement phone

JONBOY48118,

I understand this can be frustrating for you. We're enhancing our network towers in your area. Once they are completed you will experience better service. Thank you for your patience.

Brenda
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same problem, I received my replacement device on june 4th and i havent been able to connect to 4g anywhere. I dont understand whats going on. my zip is 15068 and I always had great 4g service till i got this new phone.

Master

tcook724 I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your phone. What is the make and model of your phone? In order to get this rectified, please provide your cross streets?

Chris
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

For whomever got a replacement phone, call sprint and talk to tech support and ask them if the SIM card is registered to your account. Mine was not. Sprint did not figure this out I did. Spoke to 7 people yesterday and not one person thought of this. I read online that if the SIM care isnt registered to you then you wont get 4G LTE.

Journeyman

Specifically ask for tech support in Oklahoma. They speak clear english and will go the distance to help

Journeyman

See my poat below. Let me know if it works please

Master

JONBOY48118 -We're sorry to see that you're in this situation. How can we help you? What is your issue exactly? We want to help you. -Ramiro Sprint Social care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat