cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New touchscreen issues

Journeyman

New touchscreen issues

Hi! A few weeks ago I started having issues with my LGG2 touchscreen. Half the keyboard didn't work when typing texts even after I changed keyboards, then on the main screen when I would touch my text message icon my voicemail would open.  I also had difficulty scrolling through apps and opening ones I wanted to open, instead the ones next to them would open instead. Today I discovered that  I can't access my home screen when I touch the home icon.  I did do some research and found out this is an issue with the phone & there is a patch available is it available for Sprint yet? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: New touchscreen issues

I am having the same issue. The screen starts getting unresponsive. It's happened on two Sprint LG 2s we currently have. It has to be a software issue since I doubt two Phones would get a broken digitizer at the same time. please fix the issue. It makes the phones useless.

Journeyman

I ended up taking my phone in this weekend. A tech suggested a hard reset, so I took my phone home saved everything I wanted to on google drive did the hard reset& it didn't work. I visited a competitor's store to see what they knew of the issue, just out of curiosity& sure enough the person knew exactly what I was talking about. I did end up deciding to trade in my phone, but I think the time has come for Sprint to acknowledge that this is a problem with this phone model. There should be something in place, when not due to a user doing anything wrong to the phone& it goes all weird with a common issue of the device the customer is comped somehow on a new device.

Journeyman

Glad to hear you got a new phone. Yeah Verizon's LG G2s had the same issue. I just can't believe both LGs my family owns have this issue. Either LG makes a really crappy quality phone or something else is going on with the software. I feel like Sprint does it on purpose to get you to upgrade to a newer model.

Journeyman

Thanks but I didn't want a new phone to be honest.I really loved my LGG2 until it went all nutso. I didn't like having to get a new phone& I'm upset by the whole leasing thing when I owned my last phone with no payments.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat