cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Journeyman

No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Looks like there is a problem sprint. Of five people I personally know, not to mention the buzz on the forums, we all have no LTE connectivity on our brand new G2 devices.

I have been at 2 locations today where my Note 4 and S4 got very strong 4G LTE signals........absolutely nothing on the G2.

115 REPLIES 115
Highlighted

Re: No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Thanks for coming to us with this issue. Let me take a closer look into this for you. What is the zip code and cross streets of the locations where you are expecting to receive LTE? I'll look into the towers for you. Have you gone into your data settings to ensure that LTE connectivity is turned on? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Ivan

Journeyman

You can add me to the list of no 4G LTE on my brand new LG G2 as well.  I'm in zip code 17113.  A very strong 4G LTE area from Shentel.  I've tried all possible updates and all network settings.  This G2 just will not receive the 1900 MHz 4G LTE Signal.

There are already numerous complaints from many new owners of the G2 and Nexus 5 owners with this same issue in many forums.

Not a very good Sprint Spark launch when we can't receive the standard 1900 MHz signal. I don't mind waiting for the additional two bands that will be added later with the Spark update, but I can only receive 3G.  If I want a 3G phone I would just use my phone from 5 years ago.

Please expedite the cause of this issue and remedy it ASAP.

Thanks!

Journeyman

Same issue here, MCPHERSON, KS 67460

Journeyman

I have LTE/CDMA on and I do get 4G LTE here in Rockford, IL! Good luck everyone. I'm really enjoying the phone so far. Lightening fast and very responsive. The screen is gorgeous!

Journeyman

Same problems here, Rochester, MN 55901

Journeyman

Same issues here with an lg g2 and a nexus 5. Yonkers NY 10705 site location corner of central ave and McLean ave

Journeyman

Turn off the Sprint Connections Optimizer and it now connects much better the LTE services.

Journeyman

I recently sold the device. I had it two weeks before the release date. When I had it I tried everything to get LTE working properly, including turning off the optimizer. Nothing worked. Now my nexus 5 is behaving the same way. It has to be an issue with spark devices and the sites not allowing active connections

Journeyman

As soon as I turned of the optimizer it started working just fine. I am pulling 19 MBPS down at home and 9 up.

Journeyman

My connection opiltimizer is off. I just can't connect to LTE at all. I can get LTE for a fleeting moment when I change network mode to GSM then back to LTE/CDMA, but it drops to 3G in a matter of seconds.   It just does not work!

Journeyman

I have the same problem, no 4G at all and I used to get it on my motorola photon with no issue at home. The is ridiculous, I read that the verizon version of this phone needed a replaced sim card for a fix.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat