cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Highlighted
Journeyman

No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Looks like there is a problem sprint. Of five people I personally know, not to mention the buzz on the forums, we all have no LTE connectivity on our brand new G2 devices.

I have been at 2 locations today where my Note 4 and S4 got very strong 4G LTE signals........absolutely nothing on the G2.

115 REPLIES 115
Highlighted
Journeyman

Others are saying that if you turn off band 41 for now on spark phones, it helps.

Re: Galaxy S5 problem switching from 3 to 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone was working better without the sparks update .Sprint is doing bad selling lg g2 with these phones problems     

Master

goldies1234,

I know dealing with this issue can be very annoying and inconvenient. Right now this is an issue that most SPARK enabled devices are having. Some SPARK devices are having a hard time with staying on the 3g network which does cause the issues you all are currently having. While we do not have a permanent solution, we do have a temporary fix. You can try to turn the network setting to CDMA only. We've found that this helps. We are still working on a permanent fix.

SarahG

Social care
Highlighted
Journeyman

When I first got my LG G2, I had no 4G LTE at my home and I'm closed to two LTE towers.  I did upgrades from the Settings menu and now I have no problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any idea when i will actually get 4g service in 19606? I have had this phone for over 4 months now and no LTE at my home, if i thought there was any hope i would sue sprint for non providing of service . How the hell can you guys sell a phone for a network that is not finished???

Highlighted
Master

ryuohki,

I would be happy to check the progress of the upgrades on the towers in your area. Please provide 2 nearby cross streets & zip? We are here to help.

We appreciate your patience while we work to complete the network enhancements, once the upgrades are completed, we are confident we will have the best network available for our customers.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have horrible connection issues where I live, so much so that I had to set up my phone at home where I have wifi and an airave because the sprint store that is a block away could get no data signal to do the setup, this is in a heavily populated area. the issue is more a lack of nearby towers than an updated tower issue, will this ever be addressed? my zip is 98059 and cross streets are Duvall ave and NE 4th street.

Highlighted
Master

flyinpoons I understand your frustration with the lack of service in your home. I checked your area and it shows that the tower upgrades in your area have been partially completed. The outdoor 1900 Mhz is completed. However, the indoor 800 Mhz is still in progress. I will alert our network team that you're having trouble. We ask for your patience during this time.

Chris
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

carsonia ave and park street zip code 19606. it has been 6 months now and still no 4g lte. if i did not have a contract i would have walked at this point.

Highlighted
Master

ryuohki,

There are a few towers in the area which were recently completed with the LTE upgrade. The towers closest to your area are in progress. There can be delays due to unforeseen circumstances so any time period given is estimated. Thank you for your patience.

Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ever since my LG G2 "upgraded" to Sprint Spark I get sketchy connectivity. That little sun thing is spinning away as I try to search the internet or use gps but it takes minutes to get anywhere. Half the time my gps never loads, three times I've been lost where it says I have a full LTE signal but I don't get anything and have to find my way the old fashioned way. So far it seems that Spriny Spark isn't supposed to be available in my area. Also, several times my gps has started me somewhere in Rhode Island or Pinkney, MI. I live in Monroe, MI...not close. The zip codes I'm expecting to get service are 48162, Dixie Hwy and Sandy Creek. Also, 41831 Allen and Sibley. I'd rather just skip the Sprint Spark and go back to 3G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You have the Note 4 already?  (My question is to the original poster.)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat