cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Journeyman

Re: No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Called Sprint.  Apparently the didn't have the right SIM card registered to his phone.  Got it registered correctly & it finally works correct.  So, if you know you should get 4G and are not in an area with eCSFB switching issues, then it maybe a SIM card registration issue.  I find it strange that 2 of the 3 phones I got had this issue.

Journeyman

Thanks for that info. I will stop by my local Sprint store tomorrow and have the sim card checked out.

Journeyman

Same issue here:

Palm Coast FL 32137

If I enable airplane mode / disable, it locks to 4G for 1 to 30 seconds then reverts to 3G. That's the only way I can get any 4G at all. Galaxy S4 Mini triband. I am in a 4G LTE "full coverage" area.

If I have speedtest app ready when I first get 4G it will be downloading at 20+Mbps. Which of course stops the moment it switches back to 3G. It's like it's trying but the 3G is taking over.

I'm assured by customer care that my sim card is registered properly (but how do you ever really know?)

Any official updates on this issue?

Journeyman

I just bought the g2 as well used to get lte with my htc.. nothing with this phone.... 14043 area code dick rd and george urban depew ny buffalo niagara international airport area

Journeyman

I also purchased the G2 yesterday. I'm not getting LTE signals in the same places that my Galaxy S3 is working just fine. 33810 cross road Mall Hill Rd, Sleepy Hill Rd

Wondering if there are any tower issues in this area.

Master

evilcanadian,

Thanks for posting. There are towers in this area however, they have yet to be upgraded to LTE. These LTE upgrades are underway. You should see LTE in about the next 90 days. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Are these LTE towers needed specifically for the G2? Like I mentioned earlier, my S3 is able to connect via LTE just fine at that location.

I seem to have better luck with LTE on the G2 at 33801 at the cross street of Bartow Highway (US 98S) and Commerce Point Drive. Is the tower servicing that area upgraded fully?

At this point, I'm debating returning the G2 and possibly getting an older phone because the data connection appears to be almost unusable at some parts of town. I've tried forcing it to only connect via CDMA but that hasn't given me good results either. I also tried updating the PRL and Profile but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Journeyman

I was gonna add to this about I am still having issues with 4G LTE issues, but it just seems like I been getting a run around. I give my crossroads where I live and you all say this and that but nothing has been getting done out here. So I will post my crossroads where I live they are High Road and Goforth Road, Kyle, Texas 78640. When I look at the coverage maps i see 2 towers on Highway 21 that crosses my road High Rd. I have done multiple profile update on my phone and still nothing. It show both towers have upgraded 2 times but not seeing a difference in 4G LTE connectivity  And thank for time.

Master

JB027,

Thank you for the post and I apologize for the service issues you are experiencing. That area is showing LTE on Country Road. Have you tried powercycling and updating the data profile?

Jen R 
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am having the same issue, Im suppose to have LTE in my area. my zip code is 63366, cross roads are Mexico Rd, and Bryan Rd, Mexico Rd, and Hwy K. Ive tried doing a factory data reset, and update PRL, and update Profile, and still nothing. LTE will work for a split second, then switch back to 3G. I also get the "unable to establish a wireless data connection" any ideas? Please help.

Master

Craigers636,

I looked in on that area; we're about half way finished installing LTE on the towers.  In fact, most of the towers to the from the North East to the South East have the first band of LTE installed, but those on the othe side of you: from North West to South West are still waiting on the equipment.  I saw two scheduled out to be finished this winter, the others might be later in the winter to early spring.  Fear not though, the fact that you're starting to have some access indicates we're making progress.  It'll be strong and fast soon!
*Christy
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have power cycled I don't how many times and I have done I believe about 15 or so profile updated since I got the phone. And nothing. I do get for about 5 sec when I put on desk and then it goes away the minute I pick it. And that it. I am getting get frustrated. I am enjoying the LG G2 just wish I can benefit frome 4g LTE. Also Just wondering now that Sprint expanded Sprint Spark in Austin,Tx will Sprint send update to LG G2's so that we can benefit from this new Sprint Spark Network?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat