cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Journeyman

Re: No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Same problem here in Cincinnati, OH 45225. I recently had the EVO 3d and had absolutely no problem connecting to 4G services. Now, no matter what I do there is no 4G LTE connection.

Journeyman

Unfortunately it looks like these LG G2 phones are incompatible with cell towers in some markets which is why some of us can connect and some cant.

The super-knowledgable people over at the S4GRU forum figured this out.  Here is a link if it doesn't get deleted by a moderator.

Good Luck to everyone!

Read down to about halfway through the page. 

LG G2 Users Thread! - Page 54 - LG - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates - Page 54

Journeyman

yes you will have no 4g. I was told at best buy on Friday the 8th that the sprint rep said there will be an update for the new phones in 2 to 3 weeks. the lg g2 nexus 5 Samsung mega and Samsung s4 mini

Journeyman

That is misinformation.  The forthcoming update will enable bands 26 and 41 thus making those phones true Tri Band.  The G2 will not get the update until early 2014.  The native band (25) - 1900 MHz (which is enabled now), is where the problem is in some markets.  The 1900 MHz band is not connecting to the towers at this point in time.  Apparently the cell phones (at this point) are incompatible with the cell towers.  Until the towers are upgraded, you will have no LTE reception.  There is a eCSFB Gap Issue.  This could take quite some time to fix.  I was going to port over my Verizon number, but not until I had a working Sprint phone.  Now, I'll be stuck paying two phone bills if I keep the G2 until the problem is fixed.

Journeyman
Journeyman

Looks like the towers around my area got updated for the triband phones as I started getting a 4G signal this morning... finally.

Journeyman

Who wants to laugh and cry at the same time? Just saw this... Go to your privileged high bar LTE area (where I live) and switch from global to CDMA/LTE mode... You get LTE for a sec... Then back to the o(3)G.

Journeyman

Hello,

I live in MA, specifically in the 02019 area.  Both my wife and daughter (Galaxy S4 and S3) Both get strong 4g signals.  I didn't see my area listed.  This is my second phone in 2 weeks.  Do you know when the towers in my area are being upgraded?  Or even if they are getting upgraded?!  Very frustrating to buy a top of the line phone and not have it perform AS PROMISED!!!

Journeyman

yes, that would suck having it come in for a few seconds then poof, going away.   I hope for you that they fix this super soon.  This should be a huge priority since large portions of their new sales are from these 3 phones being stated as effected. Hearing 2014 for the LG G2 is very very very disconcerting, and hopefully is NOT what Sprint is going to allow to occur (that long of a wait to fix the tech).

Journeyman

Same here. Forsyth County, 27284. My HTC ONE stays on 4g always. But naturally my lg g2 nothing but 3g.

Journeyman

Go to the "Sprint Zone" app --> My Device --> Dashboard --> then click on any of the failed test (usually voice) and see if they are upgrading any towers in your area.

I got 4G a couple weeks ago but now I am roaming on Verizon all the time for voice calls; the information the app gave me said it should be fixed by 2/6/14 😕

Journeyman

Ok.  I'm having similar issues.  On my G2, I have LTE connectivity just fine.  Got one for my son and his has never connected to 4G.  Also, he frequently gets a "Cannot Establish a wireless connection"   Took his phone back to Best Buy & got a new phone.  It has the same issues.  Swapped SIM cards with mine & it does appear to be SIM card related (not sure how we got 2 bad phones).  Will have to take his phone into a Sprint store & see if they can get a new SIM card to work for him.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat