cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Highlighted
Journeyman

No LTE Connectivity on the LG G2

Looks like there is a problem sprint. Of five people I personally know, not to mention the buzz on the forums, we all have no LTE connectivity on our brand new G2 devices.

I have been at 2 locations today where my Note 4 and S4 got very strong 4G LTE signals........absolutely nothing on the G2.

115 REPLIES 115
Highlighted
Master

PaleRider89,

Thanks for the reply. We want to get this resolved for you. So you went back to the store you bought the device from? Did you tell them you bought the device there? They should have the record of your purchase, at the very least the agent that sold the device should have remembered you. Was this not that case?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

It is my understanding that the new tri-band (Spark) phones only have one antenna to use for voice (CDMA used until LTE voice) AND the same antenna for LTE.  The older phones had two antennas, so they could stay on LTE and voice at the same time.

My research indicates that the new phones (tri-band/Spark) will stay on LTE until informed there is a voice call, then they switch.  BUT, if the system where you are is not installed with this feature yet, the phone has to stay on CDMA voice at this time, and turn off the LTE, because you must be able to use the phone for phone calls.  Sprint is supposed to be working on this, but report it if your area is not.  It is called some sort of fallback mode.  (eCSFB see post at bottom)

Sprint put out the newest phones in some areas, sort of before the network there fully supports it, but the tri-band is best, if it works.  Otherwise you would have the old phone that cannot use the 2 new, better bands for LTE in the future, including the old Nextel band.  At some point, CDMA will not be used for voice, and it will ride LTE, with the data, as I understand it.

In the mean time, this previous post below sounds like a possible solution, and reporting the problem to tech support at 1-888-211-4727 listen and select trouble placing and receiving calls to get tech.

Previous post with possible solution...

Called Sprint.  Apparently the didn't have the right SIM card registered to his phone.  Got it registered correctly & it finally works correct.  So, if you know you should get 4G and are not in an area with eCSFB switching issues, then it maybe a SIM card registration issue.  I find it strange that 2 of the 3 phones I got had this issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After thinking about the previous post just above, it is sounding like that in LTE fringe areas or if LTE reception is interrupted, the phone is supposed to switch to CDMA, but if the network still thinks you are on LTE, how will it ring you on the CDMA network paging channel?  Will it ring on both channels, just in case?

Interesting question, and might explain problems with Spark tri-band phones.  I'm betting that no other carrier is selling phones with only 1 antenna (radio?), and these new phones are a first.  I'm now wondering about call reliability.  What if the engineers that designed these phones made assumptions that don't fully take the situation into consideration?

It used to only affect the data portion of phones if the data connection was lost, but now it might affect whether voice calls coming in are received?  People were upset that the Sprint Note 3 was not tri-band (Spark), but it might have been a blessing?  Maybe they still have reliable calls.

Anybody having NO problems with Spark phones?  Which ones?  Well, if they are working fine, then they would never see this thread, nor be posting how well theirs is working.  Guess the only way to find out is to talk to your Sprint store quietly, off the record, and to other customers, about how well the new Spark phones are actually working in your (my) area.

Highlighted
Master

4gDanno,

Thank you for your post back in early December regarding your son's LG/G2.  I'm sorry that you had the wrong sim regsitered to two different devices.  We wanted to follow up and see if you have had any issues with the devices since that time.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here... 28314 the phone is on lte/cdma but no even 3g service... its always looking for 3g and my batterie dies teally quick because of it

Highlighted
Master

4gDanno

I wanted to follow up with you with regards to your devices. It has been a while since your last post. Is everything working ok. Let us know if you are in need of further assistance.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

dicegc,

Thank you for posting, I'm glad to see that you are taking advantage of our Sprint Zone application. Just to follow up with your situation, are you still experiencing any service issues or has your service returned to normal? If you are still having issues we can definitely check into them for you. All we would need you to do is provide your zip code and closest intersecting cross streets. Please let me know, I look forward to your response.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

dicegc,

I just wanted to follow up with you to make sure things are going well for your voice and data services. Please let us know we are here for you.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

DebMcc,

Thanks for the post. How is it going, Have you been able to get the device to connect to the 4G signal?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

JB027,

Thanks for the post. Did your LG G2 get updated? Are you still having an issue?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

my sons g2 phone went down a hardware crash it would not turn back on and now we have to go change it out

Highlighted
Master

SPR101user,

Thanks for the post. To clearify a little. LTE is a data only protocol, All or our devices run voice on CDMA.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat