cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE in my area even though the Sprint Network Map says I should!!!

Journeyman

No LTE in my area even though the Sprint Network Map says I should!!!

Again, Im here with the same issue that hasnt been resolved. I just did another Speedtest and Im only getting 0.42 Mbps via 3G even though the Sprint 4G Network Map claims I should be covered in Sprint Spark LTE. Sprint is trash, Ive posted on here before and get the rep's stating the same old bs and that Im right but the tower in my area is likely having issues and blah blah blah. Had this phone with Sprint for 6 months now with no help in sight and I cant wait to change carriers. Sprint isnt doing anything (or hasnt for last 6 months) about my local tower, so, I wont do anything with them when the contract time is up or if another carrier has a special that pays off my early term fee's. Im in Monrovia, California 91016 and my cross streets are Violet Ave and Colorado Ave.

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: No LTE in my area even though the Sprint Network Map says I should!!!

masterlessamurai

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand your concern here. We would not want to lose you as a valued Sprint customer. However, I was able to check the area for you, and our network team is working on the towers. I can see the progress and I am happy to say it is looking very good so far. The work will be done as soon as possible. I know it can be frustrating waiting, and I want to thank you for your patience. - Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ya, right thats what they said months ago. How about a specific date? Should be completed by end of week, month, end of year etc? Some actual accountability would be nice for a change.

Master

masterlessamurai ,

I understand this can be frustrating, however a completion date has not been released for the location. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

- Michelle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've had a similar issue with my phone for months. I often don't receive phone calls when I'm at home. Never had that issue before purchasing this piece of crap phone. Sprint keeps giving me the same bs about fixing the towers with no time frame. Later when they test the towers they say there is nothing wrong but I'm still not receiving phone calls and there is nothing they can do. So now I have a phone that I never know if I'm receiving phone calls when I'm at home until someone texts me that they were trying to call me. Thanks for nothing Sprint

Master

TLINEN

We don't like to hear this. Let us take a deeper look into the area for you. Can you please provide the nearest cross streets and zip code? Also, what model device do you have?

Leo
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I with you all. I purchased the LG G2 at the end of last year and have had service issues the entire time. I've had my phone reset, checked all the settings, etc. "Customer Service" kept saying it was because the towers in the area were being "upgraded". My phone will lose connectivity for no reason. I'll have 5 bars, then none, then 3, then none, etc. And, when I'm connected to the Internet, I only get a 3G connection about 90% of the time. I am constantly having to switch the phone into airplane mode and then turning airplane mode off in order for it to connect to LTE and then it only lasts for about 30 seconds. I'm so sick and tired of it. The local techs at the store told me they have seen nothing but issues with the LG G2s in our area. But, tech support always says "...the map says you are in a great service area..." It's total BS. I called and tried to talk to a supervisor and was told one would call me back. They did, but they called at the time I told the customer service agent I would not be available. They left a message and I have not been able to get back in touch. I am so sick and tired of the run around. All I want is my contract canceled so I can get with a company that provides reliable service in my area.

Journeyman

I'm with you. I purchased the LG G2 at the end of last year and have had service issues the entire time. I've had my phone reset, checked all the settings, etc. "Customer Service" kept saying it was because the towers in the area were being "upgraded". My phone will lose connectivity for no reason. I'll have 5 bars, then none, then 3, then none, etc. And, when I'm connected to the Internet, I only get a 3G connection about 90% of the time. I am constantly having to switch the phone into airplane mode and then turning airplane mode off in order for it to connect to LTE and then it only lasts for about 30 seconds. I'm so sick and tired of it. The local techs at the store told me they have seen nothing but issues with the LG G2s in our area. But, tech support always says "...the map says you are in a great service area..." It's total BS. I called and tried to talk to a supervisor and was told one would call me back. They did, but they called at the time I told the customer service agent I would not be available. They left a message and I have not been able to get back in touch. I am so sick and tired of the run around. All I want is my contract canceled so I can get with a company that provides reliable service in my area.

Master

RonEMc,

I'm sorry to hear you're having service problems with your new LG G2.  May I please have your nearby cross streets and zip code to look into the services in your area?  Have you tried turning LTE off by changing your network settings to CDMA only to see if your service improves?  Let me know, I'm here to help.

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat