cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Concerning LG G2 Lollipop Update + RANT

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Question Concerning LG G2 Lollipop Update + RANT

im not even seeing the G2 mentioned over at Verizon..but if its like any of the other updates they released before Sprint did its full of bugs and issues...personally i would rather they took their time to fix all the  main issues rather than kick it out quickly and use us as the crash test dummies but thats me.

beware what you wish for. i have yet to see any devices out there that havent had some type of issues with this update..the fact that some older devices are getting it well before much newer devices should be a clue as to how many problems they are having with it for each manufacturer/carrier.

Space: LG G2 | Verizon Wireless Community

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

So I read through the link in your comment, but there are Verizon G2 users that have no issues and there are those who do have issues with the update, seems like a mixed review.

Believe you me, I know very well the saying "becareful what you wish for" but in reality we will always face issues with android, whether the issue is very small or very great, so even if they hold back to fix this bug issue doesn't mean that a new bug won't be noticed, I will gladly be a tester to see if any new bugs come up, but in the meantime I will wait and see if Sprint will update the LG G2 before May, and if I do come across a bug(hopefully not a really bad bug), I can wait for that bug fix, I'll just be glad that I get not only Android Lollipop on my LG G2 but also the G3 GUI that comes with it. 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

sorry I misquoted you, you said "beware what you wish for" not becareful what you wish for.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

this update has been one of the worst ones i have ever seen push through across all carriers. should be a red flag when the older devices are getting it before the newer devices lol. i have yet to come across any forum that doesnt have issues in it..and im not talking the usual smaller issues most run into with the usual bugs..im talking huge battery drains etc..i got lucky with my HTC One M7 but since i already knew i was getting a different device i did a FR before the update then one more right after it loaded in..didnt have any issues others came across..ditto with my Flex 2..very few issues compared to what others are running into. Samsung seems to be getting hit hard with this update though if you stroll through the forums for say the S5 and the like.same deal with the G3. they had to halt the update from being pushed out a couple times due to issues that popped up.

this update alone has just been weird no matter how you look at it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

for what its worth this thread should have been started up in here instead

LG G2

at least then once the update DOES get pushed you guys will be in the forum that actually announces it lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, That doesn't sound good at all, hopefully the Sprint LG G2 doesn't come across these issues and hopefully Sprint can be quick and very detailed at the same time in fixing this bug for the LG G2 to receive the Android Lollipop Update before May, Thank You and everyone else on this forum for your response to my question. Much Appreciated 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's weird though because I set up this question in the LG G2 thread, but for some odd reason it redirected my post to Costumer Service LOL, I have no idea as to why that happened.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that would be up to both Sprint and LG to get those fixed..a TON of back and forth testing between the 2 until its figured out..this is why it can take so long lol. so say LG says its ok and working..Sprint then tests it and if anything else pops up it goes right back to LG. its this way with all the phones out there. the only line of devices that are not this way are the Nexus phones but those updates come straight from Google..so any issues must be worked out by them then repushed out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol I know all of that already, its just that an LG Rep told me something different that it's up to Sprint now, I don't think I talked with the right LG rep to get my question resolved.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

theyre in the same boat..technically the rep might have been right BUT they tend to leave out the part that in the end THEY are the ones that push it out..not the carrier. so at that time it might have been with Sprint testing but they failed to mention if it was coming back with issues or what lol.

3rd party sources are usually the best route to go..they have their internal routes of getting info and are usually on top of what is going on and why its being delayed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree, I get better coverage on Android by reading through DroidLife, Android Central, Android Police, Android Headlines etc. 🙂

Highlighted
GrandMaster

since you hit up a lot of those sources you might also include in there XDA as well as SGRU lol.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat