cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Concerning LG G2 Lollipop Update + RANT

Journeyman

Question Concerning LG G2 Lollipop Update + RANT

First off, I can't understand for the life of me why on Earth is it taking so long to update the LG G2 to Android Lollipop? You have Verizon who was the first out of the 4 Major Carriers to update the LG G2 to Lollipop and now today just about hour ago T-Mobile and AT&T annouced that Android Lollipop is rolling out right now for the LG G2, and now all that's left is YOU, this is getting very annoying, it shouldn't take 7 Months since the annoucement of Android Lollipop from Google for you to try to get this OS to function properly for your variant of the LG G2, I've tried being patient as long as a could, but now my patience is starting to ware thin, get y'all act together and work on trying to push this update to the LG G2 waaay before May comes, this makes zero sense, its almost Mid-April. for a carrier that wants to attract many costumers as possible and to no longer be third place in the Carrier war, you're doing a terrible job! HOW LONG IS THIS UPDATE GOING TO TAKE???? Rant Over.

33 REPLIES 33
Wizard

Re: Question Concerning LG G2 Lollipop Update + RANT

The only device that gets updates quickly is the Nexus line. Anything else the code goes to LG first and then to Sprint.

Journeyman

But LG has done their part, its now up to Sprint to get the update rolling out VERY soon, I recently talked with an LG Rep, and basically they told me its up to Sprint now to update the LG G2, The Android Fragmentation corncerning OEMS is not good, and Sprint,T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon is not helping with the Fragmentation by holding back the Updates to add their Useless Bloatware onto these devices, I could've kept my Nexus 4 to get the experience with using the latest Android Operating System, but I wanted more features and Hardware Upgrades, I guess that required sacrifice concerning quick updates, but at the same time it shouldn't take this long, it really shouldn't :(, March 30th Verizon had the update ready for the LG G2, here we are April 14th and no annoucement from Sprint concerning the Lollipop Update for the LG G2, I don't understand, both Sprint and Verizon use CDMA networks,Yet Verizon(VERIZON OF ALL PEOPLE) got the update out, so Sprint has no excuse. 😞

Journeyman

Tell em! They really need to make more of an effort to get updates out, or at the very least be more proactive in announcing the status of upcoming updates. I'm just glad someone finally said what many of us already think.

Journeyman

Agreed, like what T-Mobile did, they show you the progression of Android Lollipop for the devices that are listed. HELLO SPRINT I'M WAITING FOR A GOOD IN-DEPTH ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.

Wizard

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sprint.com%2Fbaw%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F187671&anchor=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sprint.com%2Fbaw%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fmessages%2F976196&comms=1

Looks like there was a change in update version, maybe Sprint found a bug and is fixing it before release. But it looks like it's being worked on. Usually, that information is not passed down to the customer service reps.

Journeyman

I really wish that information was passed down to the Costumer Service Reps to atleast give the public some insight on the status of Android Updates for their devices, the software engineers for Sprint should really consider that and tell Sprint can they give the Costumer Service Reps insight on when the Update is finished.

The link is broken, it won't let me access it. 😞

GrandMaster

thats the problem though. at any time any possible date they tell you can be chanced due to issues they run into as mentioned above which seems to have happened..this has happened in the past when they would give out a certain quarter it should be released..did anyone care that it was delayed due to bugs that would have bricked their phones? nope..they still ranted and started the liar blaming. so now Sprint no longer gives any dates or possible dates.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

Looks like Lollipop is on the way...software LVF

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Oh wait nevermind the link works :), Yeah I knew about the ZVG update on this link http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest and I been watching and watching this link for the longest hoping that this update goes OTA, I just find it funny or maybe it was a coincidence that T-Mobile and AT&T(who both run GSM HSPA networks) got the update out almost at the EXACT(30 minute gap) same time, but Sprint didn't get it out yet but Verizon did and they both run CDMA networks, maybe Verizon got their act together and Sprint needs to catch up, oh well hopefully this bug fix doesn't take eons to fix.

Thanks for the info though. Much Appreciated :), I think I must've been too hard on Sprint and they don't want to help me LOL Whatever.

Journeyman

That link old, it says ZVG now on this site http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Journeyman

Oops sorry you gave me a link to forum I viewed already, but look at my last comment explaining it:), but thank though 🙂

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat