cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LG G2 GPS Problem, Battery Drain, & 4G LTE connectivity issues.

Journeyman

I'm going to add my GPS complaints to the thread. The GPS on the LG G2 is essentially worthless. I constantly lose the satellite connection and the phone takes a very long time getting a signal. Even when it gets a signal the directions change a lot throughout the trip. I have to rely on my girlfriend's iPhone 5 for reliable GPS usage. That should say a lot since Apple Maps is notoriously awful.

What are my options? There's no timeline for a fix from LG and I don't want to wait months while I wait for a fix that may never come. The phone's GPS has been unreliable from day 1 and I'm certainly not the only one experiencing this issue. GPS is a fairly essential component in modern cell phones, so a defect in that component is a major problem. I don't want to continue paying for a defective phone. Am I eligible to get a new phone without having to go through hoops or pay some nonsensical restocking fees? I want the money I've already paid for this phone to apply to a different phone.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

You have to set GPS to high accuracy mode in location settings, it is very accurate from my experience. Battery life gives me 7-8hrs of screen time at 50% Brightness for websurfing which is very good.

Disable location services and autosync when unnecessary, and disable Sprint Connections Optimizer because it eats battery.Try factory data reset, if you have problems still.

Journeyman

I do set it to High Accuracy. This has been happening since I got the phone in January. The first few times I thought it was just a fluke but literally every single time I use GPS on a trip the phone loses connection with the satellite at least once and the routes are inaccurate and change. I have no problem with battery life and I've already completed a factory reset months ago.

Master

rattlehead91, Sorry for the delay in response to your post. You stated that you did a factory reset months ago which did not resolve the GPS issue. The phone should still be in warranty so you have the option of replacing it with LG or you can take it into the Sprint store where they will be able to order a replacement as long as the phone is insured and there's no physical or moisture damage. Lavauna-Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Put it in CDMA only mode. GPS doesn't work on mine is LTE/CDMA mode is on. Settings/More/Network

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat