cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling text messages with stock messaging app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Scheduling text messages with stock messaging app?

According to this YouTube video, http://youtu.be/uTuVMvQ54S0, you can schedule text messages with the LG G2's stock messaging app.  However, I don't have this feature available when I tap the Menu button.  Is this feature available for the Sprint version?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Scheduling text messages with stock messaging app?

dafever1

You should be able to do it. Is your software up to date?

Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Patrick, I'm running ZVD.

Highlighted
Master

dafever1

If the ZVD application is not working, you will have to ensure that you have the latest version of ZVD. Is the phone software is up to date? Try to uninstall the ZVD and reinstall the application. All else fails, you will have to contact the developers of ZVD to see if there is a current update to the application.

Regards,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCare, I don't think you understand the question or know what ZVD is. You asked me to contact "the developers of ZVD", so you're asking me to contact Google?

By ZVD I'm referring to Android KitKat 4.4.2, aka software version LS980ZVD.  So, the phone is up to date.  It's my understanding that there's no way to uninstall the latest version without rooting my phone, which Sprint discourages users from doing.

According to the video I posted, the LG G2 has the ability to schedule when a text message will be sent.  What I'm trying to find out is whether or not that option is available with the Sprint iteration of this phone.  Here's a screen shot of the Menu in the stock messaging app. You'll see that my Menu is different than the one shown on the video. So, I suspect that this feature is not available on the Sprint version of the phone.   But wanted to double check.

Screenshot_2014-09-03-08-59-59.png

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat